My e-mail to VALVe

1Luc1

Reaction score
Hallo guys, this is just a e-mail i want you to see.
The answers are blue.

Dear Valve Team

First of all, sry for my bad english. My mother tongue is german and i live in Austria.

Improvement suggestions:

Counter-Strike: Source:
  • Why does the handmodel for CounterTerrorist and Terrorist looks same. So if you look at the CT model you can see that he wear a longsleev, but in the first person view you can see the skin of the CT.
    This is simply an oversight we haven't had time to fix.

• It would be amazing to edit the buy packate when are dead / spectator mode like you did in cs:cz.
    We felt this functionality was too complicated for most players. Hopefully you've been able to edit your buy packages using the current user interface -- we've found that this version works much better.

• It would be nice to open the console with " ^ " like in the good old days.
    Many German CS:S players have mentioned this, but it probably isn't going to change. Sorry about that.

• The transparent option for the cross hair doesn`t work correctly. If i put it on the crosshair in the game isn't transparent.
    I just checked this to confirm -- it looks like the UI checkbox does the opposite of what it's supposed to. Turning on crosshair translucency in the UI actually turns it off in the game, and vice versa. I'll see that this gets fixed.

• If i connect to a server with VAC the german words will be cut. (it doesnt matter on with resolution i play)
    Why are German words so long? I will try to fix this.
Steam:

• So whats about the Friend Network it doesn't work. When you are going to fix this?
    We are working hard on the Friends network, and a new version will be released soon which is much more robust.
Source:

• So whats about the realistic falling of dead Models. I mean the falling over a large height. So if i shot a CT model who stands on the roof and he fly off the roof it looks like sh**. I hope you know what i mean.
    It would be nice to make all of the falling from great heights look like it does in the movies, wouldn't it? This is probably not something we're going to fix, however. The movement of human dead bodies is probably going to remain under the control of the physics in Source, rather than being determined by a different animation system.
Information:

• Is it possible to add Icons to the "MOD - Games" in the "play Games" window ?
    Soon, this will be possible. We are adding the functionality to Steam.

• So what about the releas of DoD:Source. I mean will it be possible to buy it single. Cause me and my brother eath of us have got Half-Life 2 and we want also to play DoD:source in the near future without buying the whole Half-Life 2 game again.
    Yes, it will be possible to buy DoD:S individually.
So thats it, thanks for your time and i really have to say the step from Half-Life to Half-Life 2 was amazing i mean the source engine is amazing !!!!!! I hope to see other games with this engine from you!!!

Greatings Luc

You didn't have to email Valve will all that, you could of asked or searched the forums here.

Man I love the ragdolls in cs:s I'd hate to see them change :(

nutcrackr said:
Man I love the ragdolls in cs:s I'd hate to see them change :(

Oh yes, and how the magic fairy dust they have sprinkled on them floats them gently to the ground softly

MrWhite said:
Oh yes, and how the magic fairy dust they have sprinkled on them floats them gently to the ground softly
As opposed to the hl2 ragdolls where they bounce and bend around like they are made of rubber?

So whats about the realistic falling of dead Models. I mean the falling over a large height. So if i shot a CT model who stands on the roof and he fly off the roof it looks like sh**. I hope you know what i mean.
It would be nice to make all of the falling from great heights look like it does in the movies, wouldn't it? This is probably not something we're going to fix, however. The movement of human dead bodies is probably going to remain under the control of the physics in Source, rather than being determined by a different animation system.

It would be nice to see falling from great heights look like in real life. Who's talking about an animation, just make realistic physics for the ragdolls, pfff.

I downloaded the hl2 ragdolls some time ago and I like them much better. Still could use some tweaking though.

THX, i will try that.

Edit: Well yes, I don't like it, dont ask why.

I love how both hand models are the same.... gotta keep some of the old flavor man... Reminds me of when i played the game in highschool....only changes i care about are more offical maps and different player models...

nutcrackr said:
As opposed to the hl2 ragdolls where they bounce and bend around like they are made of rubber?

Nope, never said I liked those either, they need better ragdolls in general

And having both hand models the same is the way it should be, I think if they changed it it just wouldn't feel like counter-strike anymore

JacktheRipper said:
I love how both hand models are the same.... gotta keep some of the old flavor man... Reminds me of when i played the game in highschool....only changes i care about are more offical maps and different player models...
And they are coming, don't worry about it :)

I would like different arm models because there's been times where I get autoed to the other team, and don't notice (Mainly on custom maps). It would be nice to then just see the arms and go "lame, I was switched" other than "THERES A TERRORIST!" *shoot* "TheMastahC has been slayed for team killing"

Well im glad you can buy DOD: Source by itself.

If i connect to a server with VAC the german words will be cut. (it doesnt matter on with resolution i play)
Why are German words so long? I will try to fix this.

Steam Client Update Available
September 8, 2005, 4:00 pm · Alfred Reynolds
Updates to the Steam Client have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:

Steam Client

* Reverted German content changes

Is there any connection.....,i think so..

No, those are the low-violence features they are talking about.

Back