My EP2 Gameplay Trailer

heer0

Reaction score
Quite simple. I allways wanted to make a fan demo of EP1, but lacked the proper tools for the job. So when i and some colleagues bought Premiere Pro for a project of ours (this app is goddamn expensive!) i wanted to test it. This demo is far under the capabilities of the software, but was a good tutorial...

Enjoy, and feel free to criticize :E This demo is only for the 'Direct Interventon' chapter, in case you like it, i might consider making for other chapters as well.
hl2_ep1_ch1.avi

~63MB, length 4:50
Soundtrack: Evol Intent, Mayhem & Thinktank - "Broken Sword"

Tools used
capture: Fraps
editing: Adobe Premiere Pro
compressing: RAD Video Tools (XviD codec)

Sorry for the poor quality, but it ain't handy to download 1GB+ video files ;)

Nice work, I can watch this now, :p Since my ability to play ep1 is impaired due to the looping sound crash ;( ;(

Yea, I know the solutions, but I want a fix, not to have to play without sound on a game I bought that should function perfectly well with sound.

I suggest you disable your current SPU (sound card) if it is internal (from the BIOS), or uninstall it's driver and plug it out of your case (if external), and buy a new one, they are relatively cheap.

Contact me in private message if you want help with the issue.

~10 mins with 65KB/s. Actually it is smaller than the official HL2 gameplay demos.

Youtube = very very very poor quality, i hate it

But surely it's better than having to download a video file for three years and two hours? Right?

If 16 mins (65KB/s) is 3 years for you then ok... noone's forcing you to download it anyway.

I lost space and bandwidth on my personal hosting just to make it available to you instead of the crappy YouTube quality, and you're still not satisfied. Thanks for the appreciation... :sleep:

Id watch it... but I cant play Avi's lol ;(

Oh well, I to had the sound looping problem Eagle, It was my onboard sound, I disabled it and bought a sound card and haven't had the problem again.

Nevermind, i just wanted a single opinion, but looks like i created just another useless thread.

Why you can't play AVI's? PM maybe?

I dont know, I think my codecs are screwed up..

WMP11 just crashs... I used to beable to watch them with powercinema but I no longer have it, and I think it took the codecs with it lol..

Im looking for some now...

Nice Vid. Heer0, I finally got to watch it lol, looks like it took a bit of work. The music blended in well espically at around 2:10 to 2:14.

Man I'm such a noob, At 3:00 you used the door as a shield from the enegry orbs, I can't believe I never thought of that.

Thats not what I ment when I said "I finally got to watch it."

All my video codecs got screwed over when I removed power cinema from my computer.
I was looking for new codecs... but I just took off WMP11 and used DivX instead.

Thanks, i'm glad you like it. The idea to use the door as a shield from the energy orbs i learned from the commentary tracks. Remember, commentary tracks are your friend :)

I played EP1 7 times and not once have I listned to the commentary tracks lol.

Woooo 300 KB/s! :E

That was a nice video, heer0. Nice action sequences. Awesome music too which fits the atmosphere of Half-Life good.

It's Lowlife all over again :E
I decided to make another movie, this time for chapter 2. A good oportunity to test Premiere's advanced audio/video rendering and custom template features (none of them i used in ch1)

Not that i'm making movies like hot bread every morning, i just though it may be interesting to some of you

hl2_ep1_ch2.avi

Tools: the same as 1st movie
Soundtrack: Prodigy - Breathe (instrumental)

This one was a hard choise for music. Finally i selected 3 different songs to use as a soundtrack, and from the 3 only "Breathe" fits well enough in the zombie-infested world of Lowlife, but that i leave to your judgement ;)

Enjoy!

Huh? I clicked on that link in the startpost, and the movie was finished in a couple of seconds, saying that it downloaded with 24mb/ps (wich is impossible with my connection).

And the movie works lol =D

It's pretty nice, however you should have put also some zombie action in it or fighting on the streets.

Ok, as you wish, but i don't like YouTube. The original files are still available in the links below.

[YOUTUBE]ilMbAi2Sr0c[/YOUTUBE][YOUTUBE]bb3qycamvrs[/YOUTUBE]

hl2_ep1_ch1.avi
hl2_ep1_ch2.avi

I did the movies seperately for every chapter. The size of the captured raw frames for every chapter is around 8 GB. Cut and edited they are ~1 GB, and only after the XviD compresion they're reduced to the useable 60-70 MB. That's the reason i can't make a single movie with all the chapters, not only this will take too much useful space on my HD, but every chapter has it's own athmosphere and puting it all under one soundtrack will ruin it. Not to mention the downloading times...

If i feel like to it, i would make a movie for the next chapter in the future.

Thanks, both are great! I don't like million different codecs with spyware on my computer.

Yeah, I liked the videos as well. I dont find anything wrong with youtube, the quality was good enough for me to see what was going on.

I don't use codecs with spyware ;) and the quality of YouTube is really bad, sacrificed for better loading times

Back