My first Attempt at a Frag Video

D€vIL²

Reaction score
Hi, Like I said this is my first ever Frag Video. I still have alot of stuff I want to put together than this, but I'm gonna have it broken up in to parts. Going through all my clan matches. Go ahead and judge because I know its not the greatest "Skill" video. But go easy... if you can't atleast like some of the kills, enjoy the music. Unfortunatly I only had match demos to work with... And I sometimes do better outside of them :|

whatever.

http://fieldsofcarnage.com/request.php?2

I really liked it! I also love how you use the Galil... such an underrated weapon. Great quality though, could have used some "special effects" to spice it up -.-.

Really nice. Music fit really well. You did use some kind of video editor to slow/speed it up right?

I would record demos for every match using the command "record (filename)" in the console. Then I binded a few keys to make it go slow mo (host_timescale .5) normal speed and double speed (host_timescale 2) so I would go back and slow it down as I was capturing it with fraps.

Ah. Looked like there was some sort of bullettime mod in that server :)
Looked like it. Anyways, really nice. I used to do tournaments in CS but got really bored with it. But I still play a little when I go to the local Cyberlounge.

I've put my second one up. Gonna be making a 3rd

http://fieldsofcarnage.com/download.php?list.3

Edit: Your only allowed to download a file every 2 days or somthing gay. so make sure to click the 2nd one and save it... I'll try to get that changed.
...also I updated my 1st one. added a few clips I accedentaly left out...

Alexferris said:
I really liked it! I also love how you use the Galil... such an underrated weapon. Great quality though, could have used some "special effects" to spice it up -.-.

Gali is one of my fav weapons, great for range, good spray ( so long as you aim right), and a killer for headshots.

Can really **** up a few people with that gun :D

I'm kinda of interested in making my own. What do you use to open the demos?

Great video, btw.

Fragalishus, didn't you make a frag video which you posted a while back. I think the name in game was "Burcs" or am I confused. If you did, could you post a link for me to DL that.

Yes, and you just reminded me that I don't even have a copy of it. Thought I had it on another pc so probably deleted it off my ftp thinking I had a copy, but I guess not.

I did release Rocket Man not too long ago (DoD:S). Guess I should have uploaded the CS:S one to Filefront, too.

:| that sucks. That vid was deffinatly an inspiration to want to make one of my own in the first place. :bounce:

Gonna check out your other one.

Hey Devil, how did you get your crosshair so small on that first video? I cant seem to play CS:S very well and I think it's due to the crosshair.

JPSurratt2005 said:
Hey Devil, how did you get your crosshair so small on that first video? I cant seem to play CS:S very well and I think it's due to the crosshair.

cl_crosshairscale **** (I use 2500)

Nice video lol.

Could of got more footage in though.

D€vIL² said:
I've finished my 4th. I wasnt as happy with it as the others. but whatever, im just doing these for fun.

http://rapidshare.de/files/17698688/Part_04.rar.html

Man I wish I could convince everyone to stop using fraps. It simply doesn't compare to what you get using the in game stuff.

test clip
1:30 - 16mb
.mp4 format (VLC player)

Doing a tutorial about frame blending, and this is a sample. That's x264 using a 1500 bitrate. Yes, 1500. Which means a low quality version of your movie can be the same size as the movies you're doing now, but look much better.

I'm also going to devise a capture method for doing things specifically for like Google video. Get it down to 15-20 fps and the image quality will be great, and since it's never viewed full screen it should look fairly good all around, play back wise.

Anyhoo, I've had this Verizon account for like 4 years and never did anything with the home page, just used the account to host files, so I thought I'd go ahead and organize a little bit. My vids are in my sig, and I'll be adding a couple other things as well. I'm actually re-doing Scrubalishus right now, since those are the only competitive demos I have, you'll see alot of the same frags, but it will be insane quality. Especially with some of my detailed textures that I'm making/editing. I won't even show you cbble cuz I don't want to you wet yourself.

What do you mean "In game stuff"... you can capture video from in game?

I have fraps set for full size (which im not sure what size it is) and 30 fps. no sound.
Don't laugh, but I'm editing these on WMM, and when I save my movie I just choose the highest one next to DV, which is called NSTC 2.1 or somthing. I dunno much about it.

Gonna' check out your stuff...

you can record video in game,,, but then if you want it to be... in avi, for video edditing, you would have to convert it, with some sort of program.. the ingame looks good, but if you want to make a video you would need to convert it. Its not like old school cs, where it was easy to use geekplay or somthing to watch your .dem files. :(

http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showthread.php?t=95654&highlight=movie+making+tutorial

Check down in the later posts there's "straight to avi" stuff, but I don't use it. I prefer the tga+wav method as it leaves you more flexible options when editing or compiling your avi's.

As soon as csflicks.net gets closer to re-opening I'll have a full tutorial on capturing, tho it will pretty much be the same as the DoD:S one.

If you decide to use Source's "straight to avi" method, you need to stick with host_framerate 30, otherwise the audio/video will not sync up. Also the files will be very large and probably won't play in a media player, but you can still edit them in your editor with no problem.

Hey Frag I heard of a method before where you record a demo, then go to console and put in "play movie" then the name, iirc. In your game folder there will then be a ton of .tga files and an audio file. You can put those in Virtualdub and then add the sound. Beforehand you have to enter hose_framrate 30 to make it smooth. Ever heard of this or used it?

xombine said:
Hey Frag I heard of a method before where you record a demo, then go to console and put in "play movie" then the name, iirc. In your game folder there will then be a ton of .tga files and an audio file. You can put those in Virtualdub and then add the sound. Beforehand you have to enter hose_framrate 30 to make it smooth. Ever heard of this or used it?

Fragalishus said:

Well played and a well made movie.
Worth the download.

I use cl_crosshairscale 4000 :p

watch

A video I made recently.

That's exactly what I was thinking. When did you say it was going to be out? 3 weeks ago?

I really should get working on my bannage video.
Got banned from 2 servers in the past 2 days, and accused of cheating more than 4 times on seperate occaisions :E

Qonfused said:

I concur

<.<

But nice video to both, the shottie kills were impressive. Although I think Qon wins the choice of music department. :p

Back