My first Day of Defeat Source frag video

Ruubie

Reaction score
Hi all, :wave:

I made my first DoD: S movie, and I would like to show it to you. Here are the links:

Rapidshare link
Google Video streaming link (quality of music and video will be much worser than the download!

I will provide a FileFront link to when its up again. So please download it, watch it and give comments. I am open to suggestions, but don't be to hard on me, this is my second ever made movie. ;)
Some details:

Name: DoD: S frag video
Codec: DivX
Length: 3.38 min
File size: 81 MB
Song used: DJ Tiesto - Adiago for Strings

Notes:
-=KoG=- isnt an official clan, were just a couple of friends who like VALVe games like Counter Strike, Day of Defeat and so on. We just do it for fun.

I've made the movie so it fits well with the music. You will notice it.

Enjoy!

hmmmm....maybe you can find a better mirror? I'd like to see it, but the rapidshare server says it has too many users or something....

Hmm, new links will come shortly. Try Rapidshare again, it definitely should work. :)

I liked it! Pretty good for a first time:
Tips:
Turn off autohelp!!! It got really annoying after awhile ("You spotted an enemy!")
The music got repetitive.

You had some really nice shots and runs in there though....cool stuff

Thanks for the comment. Yeah, I should disable auto-help... will do that as soon as possible :)

I've added a new link for streaming video @ video.google.com (see first post). Note that the quality of the movie AND of the music is much worser than the download, so if you want the full movie, just download it. It is good for a quick preview though, and if you dont have the time to download.

Again, I would like to hear your comments. :)

to be honest those frags are nothing special, just the opponent team being extremely n00bish.

get back here once you've played some opponents that know how to play.

PriNcE oF SpAcE said:
to be honest those frags are nothing special, just the opponent team being extremely n00bish.

get back here once you've played some opponents that know how to play.
Well, thanks for the comment, but you think at all these different servers, times, days and maps, it was all the opposing team that was noob?? Jeez, come on. It was me who killed them, and I did it with my skills. Not saying that I have great skills, maybe not, but in the end it was me who killed them.

And if you think your so good then show a movie of you owning. Else, get back here if you got some real comments.

Cool movie :)

(btw who cares if the opponents were noobish or not; that's not the point of this whole damn video..dunno what point 'prince of space' has in saying that tbh..)

Those were some pretty nice shots, reminds me of myself in the ass kicking mood.

okay, the movie was made fairly well (though the text @ the beginning/end looked horrible); some music variation could be good (though i could say it was fine in comarison to the length of the video) & the transitions were nice. also, definently remove auto help as the others suggested. ^_________^

skill wise, meh, you aim really slow (well, maybe not really slow but compared to 'really good players.' also there seems to be a 1-3 second pause before/after evey kill), don't use cover well and sprint blindly alot .. but you're probably above the average player. :)

so, keep on making movies and definently keep on playing, you need more practice in the actual game. ;)

nice movie - some decent frags there
If you are looking for gaming advice - your biggest flaws are
1. lack of situational awareness
2. poor use of cover - you stand in the open far too much
I suppose the video exposes one huge flaw with DODS - there is no teamwork much like CSS, none. :(
shame really

there is team work in css ? maybe in wars but there is 0 in pub and alot more in dod:s pub. :p

there is no teamwork in Day of Defeat - the same goes for CSS
there is opportunity or reason to do so in either game - you pick the weapon you feel most comfortable with and get busy dying/killing

hang on, i totally misread your post [or you edited it /glares].

if i have my mic, i usually organise small strategies of sorts in public in dod:s but usually don't bother in cs (i don't play source, just good ole' 1.6) though sometimes i may. :)

no editing on my part
the fact stands that Day of Defeat while it can involve more teamwork than CSS is still a team deathmatch game not a tactical or teamwork experience
which is a terrible shame

Thanks for the comments. Ill use them in next movies, but it was more for the experience and stuff, I am not a hardcore DoD:S player. :)

Back