My friend changes text of uber-christian comic... hilarity ensues.

Ennui

The Freeman
Reaction score
A friend of mine found this online a while ago, and the prejudice pissed him off so much that he changed all the text. It's funny as hell, read the original comic (it's about how homosexuality is bad and it's written for kids):

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/1052/1052_01.asp

then read my friends version here:

http://img156.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img156&image=span15ma.jpg

he made another one, havent yet found the original but its also hilarious (warning, mild ******* references. No pics or anything though - so its okay, right?)... here:

http://img156.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img156&image=tehpr0n2hf.jpg

edit: links fixed

Those last two images are so tiny I can't see anything.

i fixed it, the links work now.

crap i meant to put this in off topic!

stupid stupid... moderator help me out, maybe?

On a side note, anyone who preaches hatred and intollerance is -not- a fundamentalist, considering the fundamental virtues of Christianity are in direct contradiction of hatred and intollerance. Please stop describing extremists like Chick as fundamentalists.

It's my strong opinion that Christ himself would slap Chick upside the head like a money-changer in the temple if they met in person.

I thought that first one was a joke until I got to the end and it made me sad that it was serious.

What is this to do with Half-Life 2??

Moved to Off Topic.

Seen that original site before. The second 'modded' comic is a roflparty, the first less so but still good.

lord dubu said:
On a side note, anyone who preaches hatred and intollerance is -not- a fundamentalist, considering the fundamental virtues of Christianity are in direct contradiction of hatred and intollerance. Please stop describing extremists like Chick as fundamentalists.

Agreed, but often these folks get called Fundamentalists because that is what they call themselves. They are not really Christian Fundamentalists though, because they do NOT look in the bible for the fundamental teachings of Christ (which would primarily boil down to 1) love one another, and try to understand each other, 2) do unto others as you would have them do to you (goes nicely with #1, and 3) Try to be a better person).

These so-called Christian Fundamentalists try to live thier lives like EVERY SINGLE WORD OF THE BIBLE is the word of God, when it is in fact human interpretation of events, passed down through flawed human translators.

It is very sad, but in my experience, many Christian Fundamentalists seem to be bigoted, hateful people, who want to judge everyone around them.

lord dubu said:
It's my strong opinion that Christ himself would slap Chick upside the head like a money-changer in the temple if they met in person.

Well probably not (I don't think he would hurt anyone imo), but he would likely not approve of thier twisting his teachings about love (straight, gay, platonic, etc) into hate-speach designed to inspire self-loathing in those that the writers disapprove of.

I live in Oregon, and was thrilled to see our state allow Gays to marry (I think God was happy to see so many people get the chance to declare thier devotion to one another), but unfortunately the religious right put out enough scare tactics in the media to scare the state into voting out the right for Gays to marry. My wife and I both voted against the "No Gay marriage" statute, but it won handily here.

These people make me embarrased that they call themselves Christians (as I do), and I hope they someday realize what horrible things they do with thier writing. Just because someone is Gay does not mean they should not be allowed to marry and love the person of thier choice as I am free to do.

Sorry for the rant, but this is something I feel very strongly about -- and to the thread author, RIGHT ON for messing with the original comic -- this stuff is evil, and begging to be messed with!

MajorPayne said:
It is very sad, but in my experience, many Christian Fundamentalists seem to be bigoted, hateful people, who want to judge everyone around them.

It's my personal experience that many humans are bigoted, hatful people, who want to judge everyone around them. Regardless of what banner people try to justify hatred, it's not accurate nor fair to say such behavior is more common amongst the religious of any sect.

MajorPayne said:
Well probably not (I don't think he would hurt anyone imo)

My statement was for hyperbole's sake. But to say Christ was never violent is to overlook his rage boiling into a whip fest at the temple. A joke that was aparantly not nearly as funny as I thought it was.

It's strange to me that many of my fellow Christians have taken it upon themselves to drone on and on about what the church opposes. It seems to me the world already knows what the church oposses. In fact if you ask the average atheist to define Christianity, they'd probably begin with a litany of things that Christians are "against".

This is a sad state of affairs, given that the job of the Christian is not to tell the world what God dislikes, but to proclaim the wonderful tolerant teachings of Lord Christ.

lol i think that might be jack chick's too

lord dubu said:
It's my personal experience that many humans are bigoted, hatful people, who want to judge everyone around them. Regardless of what banner people try to justify hatred, it's not accurate nor fair to say such behavior is more common amongst the religious of any sect.

True, but since I am a Christian, the hypocrasy of those who identify themselves with my religion embarasses me personally, so perhaps it hits home with me more than most. I KNOW that there are others who are embarassed by the actions of those who identify with thier religion as well (I have Muslim friends who are horrified by things done in the name of thier religion).

lord dubu said:
My statement was for hyperbole's sake. But to say Christ was never violent is to overlook his rage boiling into a whip fest at the temple. A joke that was aparantly not nearly as funny as I thought it was.

No, it WAS funny (I definitely got a mental image of Him bitch-slapping bigoted people around :LOL:), I am just not convinced that he would really do this -- he tried to teach whenver possible, and I think the scene in the temple happened ONLY because he knew he could not make an impression on the people there any other way.

lord dubu said:
It's strange to me that many of my fellow Christians have taken it upon themselves to drone on and on about what the church opposes. It seems to me the world already knows what the church oposses. In fact if you ask the average atheist to define Christianity, they'd probably begin with a litany of things that Christians are "against".

This is a sad state of affairs, given that the job of the Christian is not to tell the world what God dislikes, but to proclaim the wonderful tolerant teachings of Lord Christ.

I agree wholeheartedly -- we should be showing the world that Christ teaches us to love one another, not what we think the Bible teaches us people should NOT do. I would love to see our churches stop defining Christianity by what not to do, and start by definining it as what to do. I just don't see it happening anytime soon (this is why I avoided church in general for years, before my wife convinced me to try our methodist church, which I have found very open minded -- not perfect tho, since one of our churches in another state saw fit to defrock a minister simply because she was gay.) :(

What a ****ing ignorant little shit. Jesus Christ (;)) the stuff on all of those religions is utter ****ing bullshit. Catholics don't hail Mary instead of Jesus, and they're more likely to be right. They're the oldest, and they're what any other Christian organisation was born from anyway.

The stuff on Islam is crap too. They've not "targetted" Britain at all, neither have they "won". There's nobody in any power that is a Muslim, let alone a fanatical one who hates Christianity. The one on Buddhism was crap too, since the Buddha taught that throwing money about did not necessarily work.

Grr, I hate these small minded pricks with a vengeance. Religious fanatics worry me :(

CrazyHarij said:
Religion isn't wrong; fanaticism is.

Damn Straight! At the core of almost every religion can be found values worthwhile to everyone, but all it takes are a few loud jerks to ruin it for the rest of us.

MajorPayne said:
No, it WAS funny (I definitely got a mental image of Him bitch-slapping bigoted people around :LOL:), I am just not convinced that he would really do this -- he tried to teach whenver possible, and I think the scene in the temple happened ONLY because he knew he could not make an impression on the people there any other way.

You never know, he might drop a nuclear godbomb and turn these buggers into salt or something.

you know, these chick tracts were edited long ago over at the naturalselection forums. they had some absolutely hilarious ones, i need to find em on my comp and upload em.

this can only be possible in.... drums....drums.. USA
things like these make me wanna stay in Germany

actully peolpe that make those comics should be shot in the neck
that is Medievil

I cant beleive some people, whoever made those is an asshole.

Lemonking said:
Dont bring countries into this, everyone from anywhere can feel that way. Theres assholes all over the world.

Lemonking said:

Hey, weren't there wackos like these in your country 60 years ago? ;)

The originals of those comics makes me angry on how stupid and.... just.... STUPID some people can be when it comes to preaching religion. Thats the reason I am not longer religious.

Ok, so that was funny

*wipes tear away from eye as he attempts to calm down*

Back