My Game Keeps Crashing

pharamir

Reaction score
It occurs when you are dropped by that transporter thing in the citadel, when i hit the floor it says loading then crashes. The error message is something to do with a memory violation. Can anyone help? Ive tried a re-install no luck, CS:Source is working fine.

the exact message is:
The instruction "0x241f8977" referenced at "0x01c9f5c0". The memory could not be "read"

I have the same problem, but it doesnt even have the decency to give me text on my blue screen. Sometimes it just locks up before the drop- and others I just drop and I have a garbled HUD and audio to boot. I hope this patch comes soon

Fixed!

Mr.Clutchpants said:
I have the same problem, but it doesnt even have the decency to give me text on my blue screen. Sometimes it just locks up before the drop- and others I just drop and I have a garbled HUD and audio to boot. I hope this patch comes soon

i had the same problem... just made a post of the fix on another thred... i'll paste what i said there:

here is what you can do to fix the dredded bluescreen reset crash (with a buzzing sound) or the crash with sounds looping over and over: run dxdiag by start then run and type "dxdiag" (no quotes) to open the directX dianostic tool, and change the sound settings in the sound tab and use the slider to lower the sound acceleration. the options are: no acceleration, basic acceleration, standard acceleration, full acceleration. Changing the setting from Full to Standard acceleration has fixed this problem on mine. i hope this helps.

Back