My garage is all furry...

G

Gladius

I had mistakenly used a 'dirt' texture for the roof of a garage I made over the weekend, but didn't get around to changing it because it looked fine for the moment. Bit when I recompiled tonight after the SDK update, I discovered vegetation growing out of the dirt texture. :D

This seems to be a default setting for the texture nature/dirtfloor001a now. Does anyone know if/how it can be deactivated? I'm guessing there are other textures that now have this feature, but I am not aware of any way to find out without actually trying them all. Cool feature, regardless.

test3e0000.jpg

test3e0002.jpg

Yes, I too was startled when suddenly the carpet in my house grew little shrubberies overnight. Does anyone know how to disable this feature? While nice, there are definitely many places where one would not want little plants sprouting everywhere.

You have to look for a detail.vbsp file in the directory containing your gameinfo.txt...this file contains the information about that texture on the garage roof and causes it to add grass to it when you compile.

On a similar note, i've been trying to make this effect actually work rather than disable it...i'm using the texture blendsandsand003 and i want grass on the grass bits that ive alpha painted, if possible...what should i put in the detail.vbsp?

Heh be glad you got your material to show any foliage, I've yet to get any to work here, the files simply don't exist/can't be found. It sucks.

Same as, i made a detail.vbsp as outlined in a tutorial i found (interlopers i think) but i cant get it to work

I haven't found any other textures that show default sprites yet. Maybe I'll mess around with detail.vbsp over the holidays, it looks like it gives alot of options. :)

The Dark Elf said:
Heh be glad you got your material to show any foliage, I've yet to get any to work here, the files simply don't exist/can't be found. It sucks.

Ah but have you watered and waited overnight for yours to grow? :E

Back