My little fortress in prison mission (heavy pics)

hauler

Reaction score
I spent about 4-5 hours hauling just about everything i have come across just so i can build my little fortress. here a few pics of it all.

1her5.jpg

2hae8.jpg

Two ways are completly blocked off and are unaffected by small arms (the above pic is all steel furniture) I recommend that you take some calm pill before atempting to blast the large cupboards all the way from the basement though;)

3hgc6.jpg

(above)If you look closely you can see two gun turrets covering the entrence were i stand

4hze3.jpg

One of them

5her4.jpg

Here we got 5 turrets, 2 off them that stands outside the forcefield comes all the way from the control room were alyx popped out from the vent system.

6hsc0.jpg

Some crappier barricade but it did its job

7hfa0.jpg

This is the central command lol were i operate from

8him5.jpg

Outside the command central, This is were soldiers actually can come in but it will be covered by the 3 turrets that was locked in. In the forcefield.

9hqr0.jpg

10hql7.jpg

The two pictures above was taken earlier in my hauling days everything from previous stages was scavanged. The above pic you can actually see the vent shaft that alyx came through in the control room way back, you can see it laying there betwen the tables. And speaking of tables. The long tables was a nightmare to carry through both the staircase and the doors. One table actually somehow hit me in the head hence why i have so low health. Later i got killed by a element when a stupid door slammed shut when it was halfway through. A collisionbug accured and the element flew right towards me killing me instantly:flame: I have no picture of the battle but i have played it twice and it was super easy. I did this purely for fun and normaly i have no problem with this level. This is one of my favorite levels btw :) Some mistakes that i did was breaking about 3 crates and 3 benches. And the first time i placed everything at the wrong sides of the prison gates forcing me to haul it even further so i could place it inside the mission parameters. Good day.

Lol why didnt i think of that? Oh wait i keep forgetting how stupid i am..... meh what are u gonna do tho?

Hauler is simply the perfect name for you, but I must say I agree wioth giant384. :D

This reminds me of the guy that went through HL? without losing a single health point, by making about four million quick saves and not using the buggy. ;)

Way too much free time? Probably... But I must say; good, friggin' job. I acknowledge all the effort you put into this and I commend you for it, that is, if you're not BSing us. And just like somebody said: your name fits you perfectly.

Out of curiousity, how did the combine get on your side of the wall on the first picture? :)

Well that's some persistence ;).

On one of my playthroughs, I just used the barrels (2 or 3) that are near that turret defense area. I entered one of those cells just outside the turret room and barricaded the entrance with the barrles. Didn't stop the Combine entirely, but it was a nice spot to shoot out of from behind cover.

Rabarber. There is 3 combines guarding the area when you first get there.

Obsessive, but undeniably cool. Well done. You show those Combine!

The hauling was actually very frustrating and hairpulling but once all things were in the prison area it was very fun just orginising and arranging everything i did miss those crates and benches that i broke so next time if there is going to be one, im going to be extra carefull. I really wish there was more kind of missions like this were you get unlimited time to prepare and then when your done you press a button (in this case the button to the turrets) and the enemy starts to come.

Out of curiousity, how did the combine get on your side of the wall on the first picture? :)

As you know, when you first enter the area, there are three Combine soldiers. So that's how they ended up there. Hmm, a little too late for my response. My editing for this post was also a bit late.

The hauling was actually very frustrating and hairpulling but once all things were in the prison area it was very fun just orginising and arranging everything i did miss those crates and benches that i broke so next time if there is going to be one, im going to be extra carefull. I really wish there was more kind of missions like this were you get unlimited time to prepare and then when your done you press a button (in this case the button to the turrets) and the enemy starts to come.

Dont do it!! Use your time to something more worth while (like picking your nose or something, but dont posts picks of that here plz). :thumbs:

this is why i loved HL2....being able to play the game in so many different ways....

you could have done that on gmod in 1/10th the time but pretty cool for just hl2. I woulda used gmod cuz you can make a cooler custom fort and you can block stuff with blast doors easy.

But whats the fun in that? whats so fun about using just halflife 2 is that you are restricted and you need to use every bit of material to its maximum use ;)

Back