My Mase

Mapster

Reaction score
Anyone like to add animation... textures and add it into Half-life 2 or Counter-Strike Sorce for me?

mase2.png

EDIT: I used Gmax to make the model ;)

Mapster said:
Anyone like to add animation... textures and add it into Half-life 2 or Counter-Strike Sorce for me?

...thats the hardest part of the whole process

yeah but i carn't find any tutorials on how to do it

I'm sure there are a myriad of tutorials for gmax (I think the program even comes with tutorials) so you should use www.google.com and look for them. I'm also sure there is not a person here that wants to 'finish' your model. The amount of time it takes to model the actual mace is far far less than the time it takes to create a skin, animate (a mace no less, its hard to imagine something harder to animate), and export to hl2. You are far better off doing it yourself, and you will actually benefit from the process (but as said before a mace is a really bad choice for a first animation, try something simple.

"Anyone like to add animation... textures and add it into Half-life 2 or Counter-Strike Sorce for me?"
hahahhah lol
right
btw press f10 to render
the poly count on that model must be ginormous your using basic primitives at full segment amounts.

Gmax doesn't have a renderer, it is a run down version of 3DS MAX. I also do not think you can even make models for the source engine seeing as Gmax can only export a limited amount of formats, unless you had another application that accepts 3DS formats and can export as SMD. As for the mace, that requires a bit of coding and knowledge of things, your going to need a chain of bones there. The handle, a bone for each link, a bone for the mace, and possibly a collision part for the actual mace part. Now I don't know anything of how to get this working, but this is what I know of it so far.

Back