My mod idea

Stitch

Reaction score
The concept is very, very simple; a team defends, while another team attacks. But how these two teams work is what really makes the mod special. Below is a light description of what I'm talking about:

Team A: Defenders (insert some cool name here)
Goal: Defend a zone using a wide array of techniques and abilities. Defenders do so by setting up traps and weapon emplacements. The traps will come in various forms from things like mines, trip wires that trigger geometry to fall and hurt the player or players underneath and whatever else that can be done and be functional.

The key for the defenders is to hold their ground until the time expires or the attackers forces deplete. The defenders will also be a smaller team than the attackers, so cohesion and team work is a must in order to survive. Communication is really what will save people. If too many players are attacking a left side, players must be able to tell one another where to be and what to do to ensure Zone Stability. For example, players must reinforce the right side enough so they can go assist the left, and vice versa.

Zone Stability is much like Wintergrasp's keep siege in World of Warcraft. Sections of the zone must be damaged in order to breached. There will be a meter somewhere in the HUD letting people know how much more stability is left on the zones structure(s).

Team B: Attackers
Goal: Do whatever it takes to breach the defended zone.
The attackers have more forces and more things at their disposal to do whatever it takes to break into the defended zone and this includes; explosives, rams, ladders or human tossing catapults (that will severely damage who ever is being tossed). As an attacker you get up to 5-10 additional lives. You will, afterall, be facing machine gun nests and all types of traps that will destroy your body.

Attackers get a berserk mode (at about 5% time remaining) in which they basically enrage and do double damage and are much faster.. It's at this point that the defenders must focus their fire on a single or clustered group of attackers to take them down fast.

That pretty much sums up the mod I have in mind. What do you all think?

Hello again, I just wanted to improve on the idea and give a little bit more information on how things will work.

The mod will feature classes for both sides. The defenders get the engineer, trapper, support and medic class. The attackers get the Soldier, Commander, Construct and Tank class. Below is a description of each...

Engineer: allows the development of weapons turrets and repairing of structures.
Trapper: allows the rigging and development of traps around key locations.
Support: an offensive class that can use a wide selection of weapons
Medic: traditional healer. The Medic class also grants each player around him a Heal-over-time effect.

Soldier:
grants the player access to heavy fire power such as rocket launchers and explosives.
Commander: Basically a buffer, someone who can apply certain perks to each player. He is also very swift and a bit tougher to take down.
Construct: the one who can setup ladders, defuse bombs and traps and build catapults.
Tank: real simple class, lead a group through insane gunfire until they can get to cover. The tank class is very slow cause of the armor he uses and he can't get any buffs.

Buff? You say. Yes, buff. A Commander can give players buffs that will help them, but at the cost of a life to the Commander. The types of buffs include things like, speed (running, reload), strength and Enrage. The Commander loses three lives if he Enrages someone before the actual Enrage timer is active.

I think I've played this game.

437678_20060714_screen001.jpg

Back