My mod idea

hERd

Reaction score
Hello. After being a member of two modifications, I saw that it’s not impossible to create a mod. So, I thought, “Why not give it a try?” I don’t have a name for this mod, and all ideas/features are not final.

::::Main Idea::::

The main idea of the modification is very simple - we take 4 (or more) absolutely different classes of characters, add small RPG elements and set it to an action style of gameplay, hence an action-RPG. This mod won’t have a story, since the players have no real role here.

::::Features::::

Killing enemies or completing objectives will grant you points.
For those points, you will be able to buy various weapons, items, and equipment, as well as raise your abilities and stats.

::Classes::

:Hunter:
- can climb up walls
- long jump
- bites enemies while jumping at him (inflicts major damage)

:Soldier:
- more HP
- higher damage rate
- infrared vision (?)

:Rocketman:
- ability to fly (with limited height)
- higher agility while running/moving/jumping
- higher accuracy

:Waterman:
- partly transparent
- chance that enemy bullets flies through body
- teleportation

Each of these abilities will have a certain number of levels to upgrade your character;
this can be raised by spending your points.

::Gametypes::
Team Deathmatch with 2 or more teams.
(One of the players must complete certain objectives in order to grant his team victory)

::Shop::
In the shop, you will be able to buy various weapons,
body armour, gun magazines, grenades, various items/gadgets, etc.

::Stats::
To make the game have even more variety, I want to add stats to the game.

Strength - This stat determines how hard you hit.
Vitality – Grants you more HP.
Agility – Higher speed, higher jump
Luck - Increases critical rate and accuracy.
Dexterity – Increases attack and minimum damage made by weapon.

Like the abilities, stats will be raised by using your points.

The main aim of the mod - to allow players to play the way they want to play.

C&C are welcome.

I’m not searching for team members at the moment, because I doubt someone would be willing to join me at this stage. However, I will try to gather a team after I have finished with some models and finished some ideas.
As for me - I will be doing models, forum administration, PR, etc. I already have 1 level domain and 500mb of web space.

Sounds good as long as one thing is included........when the rocket man takes off you have to have "Rocketman - elton john" playing :)

and its gona be a long long time, til tuchdown birngs me home finde.
im not the man they think i am at home , no no. im a rocket-man ... rocket man burning out his fuse out herel. alone!

nice idea, go make it!

2 slicer
Thx pal , i relly appreciate this =/

2 all
is this possible to code?

It's a video of william shatner "singing" rocketman....it's really got nothing at to do with your idea, which is why i apologized, but I never miss an opportunity to show this vid around, it's too good.

I have two ideas for my mod now:

1. Many different classes ( 6 - 8 ) like sniper, spy, marine etc. All are humans. Shop with many weapons/items etc. Perhaps RPG system.

2. Two or three different races. Each race is divided into different classes. No shop but RPG system. Race vs Race combat.

What u think about these ideas guys? Which u think is better, why?

Update:

Update:

::First idea::

Killing enemies or completing objectives will grant you points (credids etc).
For those points, you will be able to buy various weapons, items, and equipment, as well as raise your abilities and stats.
Weapons: smgs, rifles, bazookas, pistols, granades etc
Items: bodyarmour, rocket suit (for flying), bigger clip etc
Abilities: how good you can handle certain type of weapons (damage, accuracy), maybe smth more
Stats:

Vitality – Grants you more HP.
Agility – Higher speed, higher jump
Luck - Chang to make double damage/dodge attack
Dexterity – Increases attack and minimum damage made by weapon.

With map change everything goes to zero.

::Second idea::
2 or 3 different races (humans, creatures, robots, aliens) each race has 4 different classes.

Race vs race battle (maybe with 3. race too), round or DOD like system, no abilities/stats/points (each race/class is different).

Waht u think?

id go with the second idea...There is also a mod called troy i think which has the credit system and promoting itself as an action/rpg style mod...

::3. Idea::

Middleage, different races (humans, gnome, elfes, undead etc), team-/deathmatch, meele (swords, axes, spears etc) and outfighting (bowns, crossbows etc), magic. Various combos, capability to block attack with shilds. Different classes (paladin, mage, thief, assasian etc), action/RPG style. (raise your stats, abilities, learn new combos etc)

What do you think?

Anyway im writing currently desing document to give you better idea of what my mod will be about. Then ill try to gather good team.

Back