My name is Post and i almost made a mistake..

I have seen the leak though never played it myself. I wasnt scowering about for info on hl2 at that point and by the time I got around to thinking aobut it, it was as readily available and I will sum the rest up in one word... lazy

it was never a big pull for me but for others it was, I dont really think it means anything about the person who did or didnt do it, I just feel sorry for those who had plot revealed to them

I downloaded it, played one map, felt guilty and quickly uninstalled it and deleted it. :thumbs:

and of course im buying the game when it comes out :cheers:

I never saw or played any of it, but I tried to find it and found a portion of Source code instead. Interesting, but the graphics weren't very good :cheese:

One day I went to a store, and I saw a copy of Unreal Tournament 2004. I wanted that game really badly, so I put it in my hands. I looked around, and figured I could get away with getting out of the store with out paying for the game. But then I realized, I shouldn't steal a game, because the people who worked so hard in making it would not recieve the financial benefits that they deserve for creating such a good product. So, I reluctantly put it back.

Now it's time for me to be showered with praise!!

Mattigus said:
...snip something about stealing yada yada yada snip...

Now it's time for me to be showered with praise!!
[Sarcasme]
Wow, yuo r teh pwn!!!1111oneone
[/Sarcasme]

Unfortunately we're talking about an Alpha version, ergo a nowhere near completed game. Of course we're going to buy the game! This was more of an (unfortunate for valve) teaser.

p.s. don't quit your dayjob, those boxes are mostly empty

that comment asking how many people would have DLed if they didn't have broadband...

Im on 112k dialup and downloaded it :p took about a week. Hopefully I didn't ruin too much of the game by listening to the sound files (some).

WITHOUT POSTING SPOILERS - WITHOUT POSTING SPOILERS
-If I listened to one guy... you think that was a huge spoiler... or just something in the middle of the game. I hope I didn't spoil the ending, I really don't think that I did... wasn't that interesting, and it was speculation you could really gather from the previews.

posthl63 said:
so after hours of searching sites, boards, posts, and getting a gazillion viruses (thank you Norton) i finally had the right file at the right place and started downloading.

stupid w@r3z k1dd13s. so after you downloaded it off kazaa what happened?

::snicker::
::giggle::

I know we're talking about the alpha, Synthaxx R-or. I was talking about stealing a copy of UT2K4. Read my entire post next time. Anyway, I was being sarcastic about this whole thread.

I mean, we all possibly COULD do some illegal action that will benefit us every day, but we don't. We don't go patting ourselves on the back for our "self control" every time we don't shoplift a Best Buy, or every time we don't punch a cop.

Sure, maybe I'm being an ass about it, but I just want my post to be understood.

Kazaa, yeah right, try getting anything but songs offa' dat...

I gave in and played it, oooo, here comes the FBI to come get me! It sucked, I felt bad for DLing it, best 30 mins of un-finished models and sounds of my life.

stupid w@r3z k1dd13s. so after you downloaded it off kazaa what happened?

who downloads of kazaa these days...ur supposed to use DC++ or mIRC

Has anyone even thought of dling the beta and then buying HL2 when it comes out? It's not betrayal, it's boredom.

Hello, my name is Alex. I am here because of a beta problem I've been having for 3 months now... I just... can't... stop playing it! I know it's wrong, I know it's for sick people, and I know I'm stupid for even thinking of playing it *wimper*. I'd like to say good job to Post here for being the man we should be and refusing to play the HL2 beta. GOOD JOB MAN! Well, I hope that at the end of these meetings I won't think about the beta as much as I do right now... BETASD grh. Thanks.

YOU'RE LAZY AND FAT!

bored

FoB_Ed said:
This thread has no purpose. The purpose of this thread is to end.

I am not a rocket scientist, but maybe i should be. If the purose of this thread is to end.. then logically your first statement of "this thread has no purpose is null & void becasue it does in fact have a purpose. Just over examining what you said... cause i am bored

Okay, here's what everyone's missing who hasn't played it (including me, but I saw it being played in a moment of 'weakness' :)). It's the E3 2003 binks... only playable. And buggy. With a buggy.

COINCIDENCE!?

Yes.

posthl63 said:
It all started yesterday when i set out on a quest to find this so-called leak and try it for myself, so after hours of searching sites, boards, posts, and getting a gazillion viruses (thank you Norton) i finally had the right file at the right place and started downloading.

(this is the part i type so i dont get banned)..

I couldn't let myself do it. (...)

Are you ppl blind or something?

Back