My theories on HL:Opposing Force 2, or at least what I'd like to see *spoiler

I loved Op4, but I really don't care if he does or doesn't return, and after all - why would he? I see no real reason for the G-Man to release him. After all, he wasn't really recruited so much as detained.

about barney and alyx having a "speech role", didnt barney have some kind of talking in the HL1 anyway? you could interact with him and all, then blue shift came out (i know, gearbox) but that doesnt mean that now another company cant make some oppfor expansion for hl2 (dont know how that would go by steam though, oh and you can get oppfor off steam, so valve must have acknowledged it in some way)

and since they were gonna nuke black mesa, why didnt they do so in the first place, instead of sending in the marines, then the assassins. must show that the gman, or someone else usin the gman, were luring gordon out for some particular evil plan.

seeing how important adrian shephard came to half life (not to the story, but to the community), it would be rather foolish of valve to completely abandon shephard altogether now (he was a marine sent in to kill gordon after all, and that idea is original)

btw, on the final coffin ride nearing the end of hl2, you pass by these stacked gunships and striders, but then you see a formation of some kind of big rhinos or some big creature on four legs (il go back some time soon and check it out, its 4:17am right now) anybody know what these might be? maybe somthing upcoming creations from valve that you will have to face? or just something random like those skinny-deformed humans(like soldiers without uniforms, u no what im on about).

excuse me, im probably half sleep-typing :sleep:, if anything i say sounds stupid

For a company to make a professional modification in which to make money, the company would need to licence the game engine from valve, and work with valve to make sure the game doesnt screw up the story line or give anything away.

The nuke was just a means to an end. you know closure on the whole experience. It wouldnt be opposing force or half life if it got nuked before you could get out of the test chamber!

Alot of people dont like shepard because hes like gordon, in that he acts alone and is almost unstoppable and to that extent im sure alot of people think he'll always be second best. but i like the shepard character because he puts a different light on the story unfolding and really immerses you into the half life world, makes it seem larger than life hehe. You dont have to like him to like the story that unfolds as him.

I agree that some of the guns were crap to put it nicely, mainly the spore launcher and barnacle, but they were put to waste by the desert eagle, the machine gun, shock rifle and the pipe wrench! they were damn awesome.

the 4 legged creatures were monsters that were more present in the game in areas like the air exchange and stuff but then removed as half life 2 was edited. maybe we'll see them in an expansion or something. Im really loooking forward to seeing the bullsquid model, and maybe a vortigaunt slave again? im tired of damn headcrabs and zombies!

the worst part of half life 2 was the iron maiden chair ride.. dont remind me.

7 Hours War

You have forgotten about the seven hours war that happened before the combine rule. Shephard could appear there and to help humanity survive and live on... even if it meant to help breen. However thats not to say your idea is nice.:)

I hope we see him on the boralius (or w/e), hired by the gman.

You have forgotten about the seven hours war that happened before the combine rule. Shephard could appear there and to help humanity survive and live on... even if it meant to help breen. However thats not to say your idea is nice.:)
Now that as a pretty cool idea :D

i was thinking that mabye adrian would show up after (or purhapse in ) half life 2 episode3.

His first entrance would be bursting in and savcing the day kinda thing.

A hunter corners alyx after her and gordan get seperated, and the hunter is about to shoot its flachetes when adrian come flying of the cliff side landing on the hunters back sticking his daggers into the hunters "eyes" causing the flechetes to back up in the hunter and explode in side it plowing it up! :eek: hows that for a kickass entrance??

i was thinking that mabye adrian would show up after (or purhapse in ) half life 2 episode3.

His first entrance would be bursting in and savcing the day kinda thing.

A hunter corners alyx after her and gordan get seperated, and the hunter is about to shoot its flachetes when adrian come flying of the cliff side landing on the hunters back sticking his daggers into the hunters "eyes" causing the flechetes to back up in the hunter and explode in side it plowing it up! :eek: hows that for a kickass entrance??

OH MY GOD THAT IS AWESOME.

Have I told you you should write for VALVe?

lol i got one how a bout in the end everyone falls in love, adrian gets a hot sexy combine assasin, gordan gets alyx, barney gets his own harem of hot rebel girls, and dog gets all the dishwashers he can get (robot chicken inferance right there :D).

lol i got one how a bout in the end everyone falls in love, adrian gets a hot sexy combine assasin, gordan gets alyx, barney gets his own harem of hot rebel girls, and dog gets all the dishwashers he can get (robot chicken inferance right there :D).

That's awesome too. Make sure not to double post in future, though.

yesss thread necromancy (cause i totaly know what that means :p).

if you have a basic understanding of the English language and you have the ability to use context clues, then yes you should know what that means.

necromancy: the study and or raising of the undead, be they spirit or physical skeleton or zombie (this isnt the dictionary's definition, its my shortened version)

BTW, i did know what necromancy meant, i jest thought it was a term or reference used on forums. :x

In a forum necromancy means posting in long dead threads. In literature necromancy is often speaking with the dead, manipulating the dead, or just general magic involving the dead. I think the real meaning is actually communicating with the dead/spirits in order to predict the future.

aa thank you riomhair, posting in long dead threads, got it i was thinking that and it was bugging me.

Back