My top pick screenshots

C

Col Schwartz

My top pick screenshots (Some Spoilers)

These are my favorite screenshots after playing through the game twice (once on normal and once on hard). Most of these screenshots are at 1600 X 1200 (4:3) with 4x AA, 8x AF, v-sync off and all other settings as high as they will go. I get a pretty consistent 60 fps, with some dips down to 40 or so (which is plenty high for my eyes)

System Specs:

Asus P4C800 Delux
P4 2.8 clocked at over 3.3
BFG 6800GT OC
1gig (2 512 sticks) dual channel Corsair ram
Western Digital Raptor 76 gig SATA 10,000 rpm
-Western Digital 120 gig IDE 7,200 rpm
Antec 430 Watt psu

Again some spoilers...
Screenshots

* Some i really suggest you look at are
d1_trainstation_010000.jpg
d3_breen_010052.jpg
d3_citadel_020019.jpg
d3_citadel_040042.jpg
d3_citadel_050049.jpg

I wish i could run at settings like that and get above 3 fps :p

In d1_trainstation_050006, is that Lamarr? I might be wrong, but doesn's he jump at you right before you teleport there?

Dumb Dude said:
In d1_trainstation_050006, is that Lamarr? I might be wrong, but doesn's he jump at you right before you teleport there?

I think it is

Thats not lamar, just some random headcrab in a field. that teleporting bit was part story/ and to show the player the various locations and enemies i believe.

Btw i got raising the bar today, are they all hardback? i thought they were paper back, i was suprised to have a high quality hard back version.

That is actually Lamarr, right before you teleport into the field, you see Lamarr jumping with you into the teleporter, then coming out with you into the field, you then go back to Kleiner's and he's asking worried if Lamarr's with you...

I used d1_trainstation_010000.jpg as wallpaper.

Hope you don't mind :D

@ The thread starter:
Isn't it awesome having an uber computer? :D
*huggles Geforce 6800*

Ooh, some very nice screenshots there. Thanks for showing them.

Levitating Nun said:
I used d1_trainstation_010000.jpg as wallpaper.

Hope you don't mind :D

Haha, that is my background too.

MiccyNarc said:
@ The thread starter:
Isn't it awesome having an uber computer?
*huggles Geforce 6800*

Yes it is fun. It is not only for gaming though, as I am a computer programmer so I actually need some of the stuff (the video card is a treat to myself, however :))

Computer5k said:
I wish i could run at settings like that and get above 3 fps :p
I can but the textures get screwed up coz my graphics card gets overheated, that or the screen just shuts down and won't start up again.

Zenrazor said:
Dumb question...how do you take screenshots?
F5 is the answer to your question and to life, the universe and everything

that's awesome! my vanilla 6800 runs the game in a pretty similar fashion but in a lower res, if you want a budget upgrade all i say go for that. It cost me £160 and my system gets 9000 in 3Dmark03...anyways i'm becoming an advert.

Cheers for the shots :)

very nice screenies, *strokes his laptop for getting better res than that :)

Bobcat said:
That is actually Lamarr, right before you teleport into the field, you see Lamarr jumping with you into the teleporter, then coming out with you into the field, you then go back to Kleiner's and he's asking worried if Lamarr's with you...

Cool! I kinda found it strange that it would be the only headcrab in that area.

Wow, those are really great grapics! So realistic. I also used one of your screenshots as my desktop (hope that's okay). I used d3_breen_010071.jpg. Looks really neat. :thumbs:

V

I don't use backgrounds anymore. Trying to squish every single bit of ram out of my comp. But if I still did, i'd just come to this thread. Heck, a screenie a day!

I absolutely love "d3_breen_010086.jpg"

Thanks for sharing.

man I need an upgrade! - I haven't really been taking screenshots as I've played the game so far, I think it's something I'll do second time round, or maybe 4th or 5th time round, don't wanna "bust up my flow yo!" ;) or something like that

hours of fun wi the PMPY (pushmepullyou)

Back