My warnings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Llama

Tank
Reaction score
How long does my warning for 'abusing other user/s'
last?

oh thanks - I though it was how hard the MODs would 'come down on you' so to speak

how do you get so many warnings? you must have been rather rude.

i got 5 for putting a scan of a PC Gamer article in fileshack, 4 were for abusing - i called them a retarded tossbag

(Can i ask the MOD's, why do you get warned off hosting scans? They are not directly on the website, and anyone who views them must have full concent(

cos its from a copyrighted publication. Like how people got a right telling off for posting scans out of Raising The Bar. If you see the scans, then you dont have to buy the magazine. Like video taping a film at the cinema then showing all your friends, so they dont have to pay to see it.

If it's in a magazine, it's copyrighted. You don't have permission to reproduce the contents of that magazine. We can get our collective arses kicked if our site is used as the intermediate.

Tight-ass Llama said:
I called them a retarded tossbag
LOLLL :cheers:

With regard to the mag scans, they copyrighted material and some magizines contact forums making sure they don't let people post scans of their mags.

I think a warning for something like that is pretty tough, since when someone does it once, they're not going to do it again. A telling off in a PM would probably work just as well.

StardogChampion said:
I think a warning for something like that is pretty tough, since when someone does it once, they're not going to do it again. A telling off in a PM would probably work just as well.

If they don't plan on being a troll/spammer, they have nothing to worry about with 5 warnings.

StardogChampion said:

That hardly ever worked, it was just abused whenever you were nice to someone and didn't make it an official warning, then when they did get an official warning they ran to Munro. So in the end its just not worth the mods trying to be nice, its thrown back in their faces eventually.

bliink said:
If they don't plan on being a troll/spammer, they have nothing to worry about with 5 warnings.
I just meant posting illegal material. Warnings should still be used for everything else.

That hardly ever worked, it was just abused whenever you were nice to someone and didn't make it an official warning, then when they did get an official warning they ran to Munro. So in the end its just not worth the mods trying to be nice, its thrown back in their faces eventually.
I guess you're right, but they'd still be stupid to keep posting illegal links.

StardogChampion said:
I guess you're right, but they'd still be stupid to keep posting illegal links.

You'd be surprised, you really would. You can warn them, PM them, email them, tell them on IRC, post right after their own. And some will still go make another thread and claim they didn't notice :rolleyes: And then when they get banned for it, they have the cheek to sign up again and complain lol.

The system is proving really successful. People rarely re-offend and even if someone queries a warning they receive they always go away understanding why it was given and tend to respect the decision.

Not to mention, with 30,000 active members it's so much more easier to manage all the warnings, it's more fair for people and as the warning PM comes from the person that actually warns you it tends to get sorted out in private rather than having a pointless debate about it in public.

I reckon people are being much more well behaved than they were before :)

Can we please see Munro get some warnings, for the fact HE IS NEVER AROUND!!!?!?!?!?!?

you dont think hes not around? i dont ever see some of the other mods, ever.... ever

Tr0n said:
Give the kid some "<3 in a can".

please... nobody ask to explain, and nobody explain.....

bliink said:

despite popular belief, warnings DO NOT look nice underneath the name, imo. Trust me, i'd know... i lived with them for 20 days (+ 2 or 3 when they still remained...)

Ranga said:
despite popular belief, warnings DO NOT look nice underneath the name, imo. Trust me, i'd know... i lived with them for 20 days (+ 2 or 3 when they still remained...)

indeed, and would you try and avoid getting them in future? :) they make good preventatives for future rule-breaking.

bliink said:
indeed, and would you try and avoid getting them in future? they make good preventatives for future rule-breaking.

indeed they do stop people from re-offending (atleast for me). i'm never, ever going to derail a thread again (+ 10 brownie points)

DiSTuRbEd said:
Can we please see Munro get some warnings, for the fact HE IS NEVER AROUND!!!?!?!?!?!?

I agree. His last post was 20 days ago.

DiSTuRbEd said:
warning people for not posting?? lol!, and people thought I used to be too strict :p

Chris_D said:
The system is proving really successful. People rarely re-offend and even if someone queries a warning they receive they always go away understanding why it was given and tend to respect the decision.

Not to mention, with 30,000 active members it's so much more easier to manage all the warnings, it's more fair for people and as the warning PM comes from the person that actually warns you it tends to get sorted out in private rather than having a pointless debate about it in public.

I reckon people are being much more well behaved than they were before :)

I know what you mean. I knew i shouldn't have posted the link. I dont think it was overly harsh, though it did wake me up a bit :eek:

BTW, how many of 'The Dark Elf' exist? Is there a MOD with that name and the normal poster, or the MOD de-modded (If you get my meaning)?

Edit: Oops double post. Sry

About what?
Did you post i that thread?
Im stuffed with spare ribs...(Literally)

When the warning points reaches 10,does it mean......banned?

yes, 10 and banned for a month i think. If you connict a SERIOUS offense (E.G. Attacking the site, advertising) you will be banned for ever

TDE (aka Fenric) was the "de-modded" dark elf and he's the first Strider in our forum :D

So he USED too be a Mod. Icarus was too was he?
Why were they de-modded

BTW ive been reading some topic about Jen and 'The harrasment' and ive been shocked at what i saw. Is that sort of thing still going on, because it was (For lack of a better phrase) F***ed up. How could people sink so low?

can you? God, i know so little about this place

Munro never gave the reason why...

It's a conspiracy, I tell 'ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back