Napalm Gun In HL2

It definately fires little red casings whatever it is, and it looks liek napalm on impact.

What I don't get is the gun with the green sight. In the teaser vid, it's firing what look like grenades at a strider, but in the bug vid it shoots bullets. Maybe alternate fire? Seems pretty close to the machine gun seen in much of the rest of the game though: is'nt that a little redundant? Or are they going to be trading weapons off for each other like the shotty for the rocket launcher?

Originally posted by Apos
It definately fires little red casings whatever it is, and it looks liek napalm on impact.

What I don't get is the gun with the green sight. In the teaser vid, it's firing what look like grenades at a strider, but in the bug vid it shoots bullets. Maybe alternate fire? Seems pretty close to the machine gun seen in much of the rest of the game though: is'nt that a little redundant? Or are they going to be trading weapons off for each other like the shotty for the rocket launcher?

That would be the OICW, which has both rifle and small-grenade capabilities.

I was thinkign the same thing Apos...well sort of....

the one with the green scope is the OICW(or whatever) as far as I know...and it seems to pretty much cover the functions of the MP5 in HL1....

the MP7 seems lame to me....first of it's primary fire seems awfully close to the OICW....and then as a secondary it has the ability to zoom(actually I wonder if the OICW will be able to do that aswell)...but the zoom doesn't really seem to fit the MP7 nor seems to be very effective(since it seems like HL2, sadly, will feature simple firecone instead of recoil...meaning that the spread seems to be the same when zoomed as when un-zoomed)....IMO the OICW could replace the mp7 totally...and then I'd rather see them put in some high-power accuracy sniper rifle, for the zooming action...

Originally posted by FiShEh
pics of the 2

The M-29 looks very Beefy :eek:

It may look beefy, but its actually lighter and cheaper than an M-16. :cool:

Originally posted by PriNcE oF SpAcE
I was thinkign the same thing Apos...well sort of....

the one with the green scope is the OICW(or whatever) as far as I know...and it seems to pretty much cover the functions of the MP5 in HL1....

the MP7 seems lame to me....first of it's primary fire seems awfully close to the OICW....and then as a secondary it has the ability to zoom(actually I wonder if the OICW will be able to do that aswell)...but the zoom doesn't really seem to fit the MP7 nor seems to be very effective(since it seems like HL2, sadly, will feature simple firecone instead of recoil...meaning that the spread seems to be the same when zoomed as when un-zoomed)....IMO the OICW could replace the mp7 totally...and then I'd rather see them put in some high-power accuracy sniper rifle, for the zooming action...

Don't expect much from the MP7. Its more of a mix between an SMG and a pistol. The zoom you see in the video is not actually a zoom, but it's the view from behind the gun's Reflex Sights.(its also why the edges of the screen are blurred in a rectangle instead of a circle.) checkout www.hkpro.com and see for yourself what the little sight on top of the mp7 actually is(look for PDW or MP7 while browsing the sight). As for the bullet spray while zoomed as opposed to unzoomed, the gun is not an actual sniper rifle so looking through the sights does not make it any more accurate than having it unzoomed. Don't get me wrong, the MP7 is an excellent weapon, but it's more of a close combat weapon than a long/medium range weapon. :cool:

What i'm wondering about the OICW in the game is whether it's scope will have distance and target identifiers. Supposedly, the OICW has an enemy target identifier, meaning that the gun is smart enough to discern between friendly and opposing units....

*sigh* Untill the game comes out....;(

Back