Napoleon Dynamite

swiss

Reaction score
Anyone seen this film?
I saw it and I dont know what to make of it; its sometimes funny but also strange, and theres basically no story at all.
weird

Ugh, EVERYONE'S seen this film. It HAD funny lines, until everyone in the world got it in their heads that they sounded just like him

I love it but it's way funnier when you've already seen it

Its cool

I missed Napoleon at the cinema but bought it on dvd. I must say I love it, sure theres not much storyline but the fact its funny, has a proper geeky anti-hero, no swearing,sex, guns, violence whilst being captivating is fine by me. It makes a nice change to see somewhere in the USA that's not usually on the screen too. As for the tag lines, cant say I heard them much but have caught myself saying 'idiots' in his stylie ;)

ChrisUK27 :sniper:

Most overrated movie of the year, I must say.

I saw it, and thought it was dumb and pointless.
Therefore it was ****ing hilarious.

Looked quite funny in the trailer with the bike doing a "sweet jump", but it's not that funny at the end of the day. Nothing will have you pissing your pants.

I thought that the best part of the whole movie was when he did that skit for pedro, best dance scene...uhh...that..one whatever. It was still the best dance scene i have seen in a long time

xlucidx said:
Most overrated movie of the year, I must say.

I saw it, and thought it was dumb and pointless.
Therefore it was ****ing hilarious.
When I first saw it (About 4 days before actual release on DVD since my theatre nor the ones in a 20 mile radius had this movie), I honestly thought it was cool yet very boring. I saw it before everyone in my entire town. Once it came out on video, everyone saw it and totally blew the movie out of proportion. Everyone thought this movie was so hilarious so EVERYONE and I mean EVERYONE quoted every line in this movie at least 600 times an hour while killing the movie. This happened the day after the movie came out. I was like well they just ruined a movie, a not so good movie, but a movie nonetheless. Honestly, after they talked about it, I watched it again and thought it was a horrible movie. I don't want to see what happens when Napoleon Dynamite 2 comes out..

The other thing to bear in mind is that the film had a tiny budget. Most of the sets were friends houses, they borrowed the lowrider and uncle rico's van. 99% of the extras were freinds and family! its amazing the movie made it this far :)

chrisuk27 said:
The other thing to bear in mind is that the film had a tiny budget. Most of the sets were friends houses, they borrowed the lowrider and uncle rico's van. 99% of the extras were freinds and family! its amazing the movie made it this far :)
Not really, tons of movies nowadays are made on a shoestring budget and get popular. Not to mention MTV had something to do with it

Luckyyyy

One thing, never quite got the 'Luckyyyy' 'you've got lucky' (points to flag on bike) thing???

Back