NASA: 'astrobiology discovery'

Actually, the least plausible is that they rolled the stones along using smoothed logs - Egypt is a desert and largely only has date trees, which are a primary food source in said desert. To roll enough stone to make the Great Pyramid, let alone all the others, you'd need several hundred thousand trees, which would destroy the environment and likely cause all the workers to starve.

Most of the ancient egyptians architectural achievements are pretty close to the Nile, where there wouldn't be any particular lack of trees or food.

Actually, the least plausible is that they rolled the stones along using smoothed logs - Egypt is a desert and largely only has date trees, which are a primary food source in said desert. To roll enough stone to make the Great Pyramid, let alone all the others, you'd need several hundred thousand trees, which would destroy the environment and likely cause all the workers to starve.
Maybe there were plenty of trees in Egypt. That's why they are all gone! They used them to build the pyramids. Don't put it past them. There is a similar story that explains that's how the people of Stonehenge fell; they chopped down all the trees to build Stonehenge and were left to live in a barren wasteland!

Maybe there were plenty of trees in Egypt. That's why they are all gone! They used them to build the pyramids. Don't put it past them. There is a similar story that explains that's how the people of Stonehenge fell; they chopped down all the trees to build Stonehenge and were left to live in a barren wasteland!

Entirely plausible, much like how human introduction of bovines created the grasslands of Africa.

Well, I was sort of joking. I'm assuming geologists would have some way of knowing. I mean... it's all sandy, and shit. It's probably proven that it was already a desert?

However, recently (2 years ago, maybe) they made a discovery that explained how they cut the huge blocks of rock. They found scorch marks on one massive boulder. The boulder was to be used and had a lot of work done to it. It was about half way done but left abandoned. (this boulder was like 30 feet long and 6 feet wide, and had been shaped to a rectangle form) The discovery showed that this boulder had developed a fault line (weakening crack) that made it unusable. Well anyway, so they tested the theory, and sure enough, when the rock is heated by fire, it makes it many times easier to cut.

So, the fact that scientists can't figure out how something was done doesn't mean it is genius or beyond the realm of humans, it just means the technique was lost in time. That's all. Something as simple as fire.

I know I've gone into this before. People of history used the limited tools available to them. They were masters of that shit.

There's also the fact that the human brain hasn't changed much in thousands of years. They were generally just as intelligent as we are.

My theory is that the Egyptians enslaved an alien race to build the pyramids for them.

The Egyptians taught the alien race how to build the pyramids.

20101202232153clipboard.png

Aliens are amoung us, i just witnessed my first UFO momments ago, scared the shit out of me.

Back