Need help choosing a server that won't modify gm_construct

BeaverMon

Reaction score
Ok, here's an issue I want solved. :|
The 3rd time I played online, it downloaded a modified version of gm_construct, without my permission. Since then, it won't let me get on ANY server, saying that the map differs from my own. :frown: So I had to reinstall it and that got it.

For the future, to not have to do this again, when choosing a server to play, what do I need to look out for?
I know it's;
1. High ping.
2. Password Protected.
3. # of max players.
4. The Anti-Cheat VAC seal.
But what else?

But, what are these strange caracters in the "Game" category? Like this picture;
ServerCharacters.jpg

Can anyone tell me what these things are, and what do they mean?
The "N", "S", "W", and "E" look like geographic points to me.
N is North, S is South, W is West, and E is East. But why is it like this?

I do know what the "(patched)" thing is, and I stay away from them. But yet, this happens. :(

thats nothing !!!
just choos one and if you lioke it add it to your favorits!!!
:)

AFAIK, I run the patched version too. It's just the latest version fixing a few holes in the security which allowed clients to hack other client's configs and such.

No clue what the letters are either - I just pick a random server that seems like it can support. :)

I had this issue before, and its not to hard to prevent, or fix (reinstalling is actually a bit extreme). If it starts downloading a modified version (shown by the "downloading /mod/-modcache/gm_construct.bsp) then press esc and try a different server. However, even if for some reason it STILL gets downloaded, just go to your Valve Folder, steam, gmod, mod, -modcache, and delete the gm_construct files there.

The issue is that when gm_construct.bsp is in your modcache, gmod decides thats where it has to look at all times, and ignores the real version which is actually in your maps folder. DON'T DELETE THAT ONE. Thats the real version that comes with gmod. Just delete the other one, and it will work fine.

And I don't know what all the letters are, to answer your other question.

Well

I cant download the new constructs so can someone like help me I acidently deleted all teh gm_construct things is that a problem :|

Reinstall, itd take 1 minute at most.

Back