Need help in order to get HL2

W

wolf328524

I recently got a new Dell, but there were problems with it. I'm looking for a new computer so i can play Half Life 2, but im not the best shopper. Can someone help me find the lowest prices out there for a computer? The following are guideline specs that i'd want on this computer...

Pentium 4 3.0 GHz Processor
512+ RAM
Flat Panel Monitor
80+ GIG Hard Drive
Microsoft Windows XP
3.5 Floppy Disk Drive
48x24x48 CD-RW drive w/ DVD drive combo with a high speed DVD drive
and a 64+ MB Video RAM

ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED!!!

Well, how much do you have to spend? Picking all the parts yourself and having someone else build it is much cheaper, just ask us and we'll be able to show you the best system for your budget.

All depends on where you live.

For example, in Ontario, Canada, I found this awesome little store. I got a great deal a year back on a P4 3Ghz, ATI 9800 Pro, 1 Ghz DDR400, etc...

Essentially, I think it is best for you to shop at a small none commerical store. They have awesome prices with people that actually know what they are doing.

Best of luck :cheers:

I'm only willing to spend around $500 - $800. But only under $1000, no more

KrazyKlown said:
All depends on where you live.

For example, in Ontario, Canada, I found this awesome little store. I got a great deal a year back on a P4 3Ghz, ATI 9800 Pro, 1 Ghz DDR400, etc...

Essentially, I think it is best for you to shop at a small none commerical store. They have awesome prices with people that actually know what they are doing.

Best of luck :cheers:

I live in ontario ...where's that store you're talking about. I Find it's best to shop at whatever store has the best price. My current computer has parts from vancouver and ontario. I dont think I bought more than one component at one store. Also try going to computer shows; you can always find items that are far cheaper than in a store. For example I paid $120 for my 120G seagate SATA drive that was $140 everywhere else. Best way is to buy the stuff yourself and find someone who will put it together...look in the paper you should be able to find someone who can do it for you for less than $50

* all prices are canadian

CptStern said:
I live in ontario ...where's that store you're talking about. I Find it's best to shop at whatever store has the best price. My current computer has parts from vancouver and ontario. I dont think I bought more than one component at one store. Also try going to computer shows; you can always find items that are far cheaper than in a store. For example I paid $120 for my 120G seagate SATA drive that was $140 everywhere else. Best way is to buy the stuff yourself and find someone who will put it together...look in the paper you should be able to find someone who can do it for you for less than $50

* all prices are canadian

Man, it is somewhere in Markham.......I haven't gotten my hands on a computer paper in ages, so I can't give you the exact address. I'll try to see if I can dig it up somewhere.

hehe half my machine comes from markham :)

ICCT.ca for my ati 9800 pro

Canada computers for my old 9600xt

Fanspc for my mobo

ya there's a ton of good computer stores in markham, although I havent had the best sales help at these stores their prices are good

Back