Which should I buy?

• Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • STALKER

Votes: 37 72.5%

• Total voters

French Ninja

Reaction score
I got a $35 Gamestop gift card for Christmas and I've narrowed it down to two different games:

6139QD2Z3ZL._AA280_.jpg

or

box-l.jpg

Now I know there might be a PC bias here, but I heard that MGS3 was really good and made up for the supposed crapfest that was MGS2(even though I enjoyed it). Is this true? I don't mind dated graphics.

The only problem with my decision for STALKER is that the multiple endings have been spoiled for me. Is it still worth it?

Thank you for your time. :)

STALKER is hard but it is a lot of fun :)

I havent played MGS.

STALKER.
More in-depth, a lot more game time if you don't rush through it.

^

Six including me.

If you liked MGS2, odds are you like 3 as well. It's a really really good game, and if you've followed the MGS series, it will shed a new light on a certain boss. You can't go wrong with one of the best game franchises around. Oh and I'd suggest you get Subsistence over vanilla MGS3, it adds a new camera angle that really changes the whole dynamics of MGS gameplay.

I have played Stalker (haven't finished), and while it's a good game, it's got nothing on the MGS series.

Stalker, it's not as polished but at least the core gameplay is fun.

Loved the previous mg games, like my name suggest, hated mgs3.

STALKER. While I haven't played the game myself, I've heard lots of good things about it.(Gonna get it someday) MGS3 is probably not a bad choice either, though I'm not into stealth games. I suck at them, and from I remember of MGS3, I wasn't too impressed the time I was watching a friend play, and the whole switching camo fatigues on the fly thing is just plain gay imo. (In fact, I've never played a single MGS in my life for that matter) STALKER all the way.

MGS3 is lame. You can't see 2ft infront of you and it's limiting nowadays, especially if you've played Splinter Cell.

Id always recommend MGS3, but against STALKER..hmm

STALKER.

If you want mgs3 get subsistence, new camera, extras etc.

MGS3 is lame. You can't see 2ft infront of you and it's limiting nowadays, especially if you've played Splinter Cell.

This. Unless you get subsistence but even then I much preferred MGS 1 and 2 over 3, so I am recommending STALKER.

I've been watching my roomate play Stalker, and I must say, I'm unimpressed. I voted MGS, even though I've not enjoyed a single one of em.

I hope you have a decent comp too for stalker if you choose it.

MGS 3 is the worst of the Metal Gear Solid titles, in my opinion. It just doesn't deliver in terms of suspense or character development in nearly the same way the others did. Though, I suppose my opinion is void because I couldn't be arsed to even get passed the first half of Snake Eater.

STALKER is great fun, especially with mods and unofficial patches to improve gameplay and graphics.

I guess Snake Eater can wait until Easter.

So is STALKER still worth it even though I already know all the endings? I heard that a lot of stuff was cut to the point where it was an insult to the original concept(small environments, lousy AI etc)

Is this true?

I guess Snake Eater can wait until Easter.

So is STALKER still worth it even though I already know all the endings? I heard that a lot of stuff was cut to the point where it was an insult to the original concept(small environments, lousy AI etc)

Is this true?

It was cut to bits but still pwns. That's how cool stalker is.

Back