need help using 360 controller for pc

50cent1228

iw wanna play half life 2 ep 1...i can get all the controls to work except getting the right joystik on the controller to look around...only the mouse and the left joystik works...basically how do i get the right joystik to enable me to look around...only the left joystik is alloowed to looik around....i have controllmk and xbcd can anyone help

Use the mouse and keyboard, it is almost infinitivly better and easier.

i always get that reply but i don't want to...i know there has gotta be a way to use the controller for it...i like the controller better

I use my 360 controller for other games all the time. Dunno about HL2.

You'll save yourself alot of hassle in a number of ways by just using the mouse and keyboard :angel:

For sports games and racing games you always need a controller, or a racing wheel in the case of racing games

Can't imagine why you want a controller for hl2

ಠ_ಠ ok i know the next 1200 post about this thread will probly say play it with you mouse and keyboard.... but i don't want to so...so if anyone has done this with their 360 controller please help me

i got it...thnks to google:

To make both of the analog sticks work in Source games copy the joystick.cfg file and put it in the /cfg/ folder for your game.
joystick.cfg

http://support.steampowered.com/downloads/faq/421/joystick.cfg

The path to the /cfg/ folder will vary depending upon the game you are using - the folder path will look like this (where <username> is your Steam account username and <game> / <abbreviated game> is the game's title / abbreviated title):

C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\<username>\<game>\<abbreviated game>\cfg

After placing the joystick.cfg file please load the game. Once the the game is loaded please follow the instructions below:

1. Check the 'Joystick', and 'Joystick Look' boxes under the 'Mouse' tab in the options menu.
2. Go to Keyboard, Advanced, and check the 'Enable Developers Console (~)' box.
3. Open the Developer Console with the ~ key, and type exec joystick

You can then bind the additional keys (such as fire, reload, etc.) using the keyboard menu.

If you would like to use the typical Xbox controller setup, copy the following lines into the top of the config.cfg file for the proper game using notepad. The config.cfg file can be found in the same location referenced above - or enter each line manually into the developers console.
bind "JOY1" "+jump"
bind "JOY2" "+reload"
bind "JOY3" "+speed"
bind "JOY4" "+use"
bind "AUX5" "+attack2"
bind "AUX6" "+attack"
bind "AUX7" "impulse 100"
bind "AUX9" "+duck"
bind "AUX10" "+zoom"
bind "AUX29" "lastinv"
bind "AUX30" "invnext"
bind "AUX31" "phys_swap"
bind "AUX32" "invprev"

YA

i got it...thnks to google:

To make both of the analog sticks work in Source games copy the joystick.cfg file and put it in the /cfg/ folder for your game.
joystick.cfg

http://support.steampowered.com/downloads/faq/421/joystick.cfg

The path to the /cfg/ folder will vary depending upon the game you are using - the folder path will look like this (where <username> is your Steam account username and <game> / <abbreviated game> is the game's title / abbreviated title):

C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\<username>\<game>\<abbreviated game>\cfg

After placing the joystick.cfg file please load the game. Once the the game is loaded please follow the instructions below:

1. Check the 'Joystick', and 'Joystick Look' boxes under the 'Mouse' tab in the options menu.
2. Go to Keyboard, Advanced, and check the 'Enable Developers Console (~)' box.
3. Open the Developer Console with the ~ key, and type exec joystick

You can then bind the additional keys (such as fire, reload, etc.) using the keyboard menu.

If you would like to use the typical Xbox controller setup, copy the following lines into the top of the config.cfg file for the proper game using notepad. The config.cfg file can be found in the same location referenced above - or enter each line manually into the developers console.
bind "JOY1" "+jump"
bind "JOY2" "+reload"
bind "JOY3" "+speed"
bind "JOY4" "+use"
bind "AUX5" "+attack2"
bind "AUX6" "+attack"
bind "AUX7" "impulse 100"
bind "AUX9" "+duck"
bind "AUX10" "+zoom"
bind "AUX29" "lastinv"
bind "AUX30" "invnext"
bind "AUX31" "phys_swap"
bind "AUX32" "invprev"

also if you play TF2 or Day of Defeat go to consle and put in exec 360controller
I couln't do it for half-life2: Death Match so thanks for this info man.
For those of you who tell him to play with keyboard just STFU and let the man play
the same thing happened in my threadhttp://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1081015

Even two years late, I'd still like to mock this guy for wanting to use a controller for HL2.

yeah well now i'm a year late. okay smart azzez kind hard to use a mouse in your lap when your playing on the TV.

the trays don't always fit around a recliner. i've played with the keyboard and mouse in the living room for a while it's awkward and annoying. i have the 360 controls for hl2 not bad much more advantaged using the K+M setup, the only problem i have now is i think my controller is defective. the camera keeps moving even if nothing is pressed while just setting there.

yeah well now i'm a year late. okay smart azzez kind hard to use a mouse in your lap when your playing on the TV.

desk-chair-tokyo-mango.jpg

Hahahaha, nice. well i tried restarting it might just be the hl2. i'll still exchange it for another if i can. works great in all my other games.

Try Reinstalling your Joystick drivers @ Control Panel then Game Controllers

yeah i agree with the other people
keyboard and mouse are much better to use

not only that but they also make it seem more realistic

It doesn't make it realistic it all, it's just better.

Back