Need help w/ grenade script

justmatt

Reaction score
Hey, I apologize if this has already been addressed here, but the search function wasn't working for me and I didn't see any threads for it.

I need help creating an alias for a short script that switches to grenade, drops one, and picks it up with the grav gun.

I've never actually made a script like this and I think I'm messing up the syntax. Any help is much appreciated! Thank you!

To be honest mate your best of learning to do it manually. Just do nothing but grenade catching/chucking for a whole round.

With a script you can only do it one way, without its much more useful.

Oh believe me I can do it without the script and I'm quite adept at it. I just thought it'd be cool to try to script it.

REXISGOD said:
//This goes in your autoexec.cfg file
//Grenade Throw Script by RexIsGod
alias +weapon_frag "use weapon_frag; wait; wait; wait; wait; wait; wait; wait; wait; wait; +attack"
alias -weapon_frag "wait; wait; wait; wait; wait; wait; wait; wait; wait; wait; wait; -attack; wait; wait; wait; wait; wait; wait; wait; wait; wait; wait; wait; wait; lastinv"

//This goes in your config.cfg file
bind "ANYBUTTON" "+weapon_frag"

If it doesn't work right, try putting a few more "waits" in there.
It works perfect for me.
I push in ANYBUTTON, it switchs to grenade and primes. When i release ANYBUTTON, it throws the nade and switches back to my previous weapon.
Lemme know how it works for you.

Half inched from the steampowered forums..

Who's to say "real men" (whatever that is) even sit around playing computer games?

Real men sit around playing games.
True Men live the....modern..realistic...games...
Various Gay Men roleplay games on the street in public.

Real men do play video games.

I am a testament to this statement.

You exist?!

The end is coming... :O

I didn't know there were scripts for something so simple to do.

If you dont have anything constructive to say, **** off.

Why is it whenever scripts are mentioned all hell breaks loose?

Go troll somewhere else ffs.

because whenever scripts are mentioned everyone remembers some snotty asshole online who grav naded them using a script, or reached an inaccessabile area due to grav gun jumping+a script.

Its like playing a fighting game where to do a certain attack you have to do a crazy combination on the d-pad and press all these buttons just right, and your opponent just has to press one button to do the same attack, kicks your ass, then brags about kicking your ass

Flyingdebris said:
because whenever scripts are mentioned everyone remembers some snotty asshole online who grav naded them using a script, or reached an inaccessabile area due to grav gun jumping+a script.

Its like playing a fighting game where to do a certain attack you have to do a crazy combination on the d-pad and press all these buttons just right, and your opponent just has to press one button to do the same attack, kicks your ass, then brags about kicking your ass

Bollocks. [VP] played a 2v2 last night, they had all the scripts/brightskins etc we have none. They got raped..

www.vpwar.co.uk/demos/vp_gun.rar (20mb ish)

To me, scripts are like a form of cheating. There's so much more skill in manually doing things than relying on a load of commands bound to a single keypress. A script automates a load of keypresses for you - how is it so different to an aimbot that automates a load of mouse movements for you?

And I always have something constructive to say, because I'm Angry Lawyer, and by default, that makes me AWESOME.

-Angry Lawyer

This argument has been done to death. More than once. No one cares what the other thinks.

He asked for a script, I said do it manually, he said he could but would like to see it scripted. I showed him a script.

Over.

having scripts doesn't make you good if you suck, but they do give an unsporting advatantage

FPS stands for First Person Shooter, not First Person Scripter.

OK I know that's not that great but I thought it up on my own :p

Flyingdebris said:
having scripts doesn't make you good if you suck, but they do give an unsporting advatantage

They give you no advantage whatsoever. The only possible advantage they would have over you is your inability to do it unscripted.

Okay..lemme try AGAIN to make myself clear. I'm already very good at grenade+grav-gun use all on my own. I was merely inquiring about scripting because I was bored at work and thought I'd try it out. I was just having trouble with the syntax is all. Forget it, though, if it's gonna start these stupid little bitchy Jr. High-style arguments.

Check SteamPowered forums. There is a whole thread deticated to HL2: DM scripts.
- Gordon

Back