Need help with brightness during play

J

jhammerrx7

Hey whats up,

I just bought hl2 today and i loaded it up and was ready to play it and the brightness of the game was really dark.

So i went under the options tab and went to brightness and it said that you should move the cursor to increase your gamma and that you should keep adjusting it til you see the three lines.

Well i adjusted it all the way and i cant see a single line. It was still pretty dark so i tried to play anyway. But it was still too dark to find my way around in darker corners and rooms.

I also play call of duty quite a bit and i really had to adjust the brightness of that game for it to look right also.

I have the brightness and contrast turned all the way up on my monitor. ( my monitor is a gateway ev700, and it has a flip down lid in the front which has a wheel that controls options like brightness and such)

So then I even went into the settings tab and then under the advanced tab. I have a radeon 9000 atlantis pro 128mb card so all of the ATI tabs come up. (ie, color, options, rotation, overlay)

Even when i turn the brightness, gamma, and contrast all the way up the game stays the same and its still too dark. I have gone through every tab looking for some other setting to give the games more brightness but im stuck.

It seems all of the games I play I need to adjust the brightness levels. But my desktop, webpages, and other stuff is just fine. But even WMP is pretty dark most of the time.

I hope im making some sense. Can anyone please help me? Im pulling my fn hair out.

Back