Need help with Half Life 2 update mod

Idanganz

Reaction score
Hello everyone!
I have HL2 original disk, and I downloaded the update mod 2.0 is supposed to update and improve the game engine
And add new effects.
That's how it looks:
I installed it in the folder of the game but the update does not work.
Does anyone know why he is not working?
Please help me.
Thanks.:p

Can you link us to the mod download location? Was it on moddb?

Also, are you sure 1) It is a working mod since the HL2 update 2) You followed the correct installation instructions?

Can you link us to the mod download location? Was it on moddb?

Also, are you sure 1) It is a working mod since the HL2 update 2) You followed the correct installation instructions?

The download location is http://games.softpedia.com/get/Mods-Addons/Half-Life-2-Update-Mod.shtml
and it's on softpedia.
1)I have not updated the game never so I don't know if the update mod working on th HL2 update 2...
2)Yes

And to Vegeta897,I'm using Steam but I don't have HL2 on Steam,I have it on orginal disk.

Even if you have Half-life 2 on the original disk it needs to be installed onto Steam. When you do that, Steam automatically updates HL2. You've got no choice in the matter.

You must have bought a copy of HL2 which is working through Steam. Also to install the latest update of Update mod 2.0 you don't install it as a separate mod in Sourcemods, you copy over the 'HL2' folder. Did you do this?

The creator has a thread on the mod here if you need more info - http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1093025

Even if you have Half-life 2 on the original disk it needs to be installed onto Steam. When you do that, Steam automatically updates HL2. You've got no choice in the matter.

You must have bought a copy of HL2 which is working through Steam. Also to install the latest update of Update mod 2.0 you don't install it as a separate mod in Sourcemods, you copy over the 'HL2' folder. Did you do this?

The creator has a thread on the mod here if you need more info - http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1093025

1. So only if I have Steam i can install the update mod?
2. You mean if I installed the mod folder of the half-life 2?

If you got the CD version of Half Life 2, it should of had the Steam downloader already on the disc and would of prompted you during installation to put Steam on your HDD. Can you locate Steam on your desktop?

2. You mean if I installed the mod folder of the half-life 2?
1. Yes, you can ONLY play any of Valve's games (including Half-life 2) using Steam.
2. Half-life 2 doesn't have it's own mod folder. Stand alone mods are put in the 'Source Mods' folder, but this mod updates Half-life 2 so you replace the original Half-life 2 files by copying over the HL2 folder with the mod you downloaded.

Note: The mod maker says you need a fully updated legal version of Half-life 2 on Steam for it to work. A pirated non-Steam version will not work. Pirated versions also aren't updated like the Steam version. If your version doesn't use Steam...give up. You can't use any mods or get any updates. You get none of the fun!

Okay ...
Only two more questions.
Are episode 1 and episode 2 already installed the update mode?
And whether the episode 1 and episode 2 are a continuation of half life 2?
Thanks.

Episode 1 and 2 are seperate games you need to buy to play. Yes they do continue the story.

Back