networked second computer

K

knocker

Does anyone know whether my son on a another computer in his room can install/play HL 2 and C/S with my copy of HL 2 or will steam prevent this and kick both of us
any help would be appreciated

I'm not sure but I think you would have to have 2 copies. They would see that the same IP address was logged into steam twice ( or would they? ) and that might not be good.

So long as only one is online at a given time, you should be ok. I've got it setup on two machines, using the regular net one to check patches and updates don't break anything before I swap the net to this machine and update the version I play (net machine is just Dx7 and not very fast)

Course its different as thats just me alone using either one. You might need to email Valve about your son playing it at the same time.

Well ive got 2 comps and i set it up on both you can both play it jst cant play it online.

I've got 2 computers, one upstairs and one downstairs, sometimes I leave myself idle in my clan server on one while I go play on another server on the other. Have never really had a problem considering I can't play at the same time since I'm only one person. Its my HL2 I'm allowed to play it on any computer.... as long as I'm the only one playing it, then its not against the law surely

Yep works fine for me to, friend list is shared on 2 comps.

no problem i have 2 computers networked and u can both play just make sure 1 is offline if u play both at same time.

Back