New BINK Released

Doom 3 can only render small areas though :rolleyes:

Anyway - the shadow bug (when the crane magnet had the box) is still in :(

CloSe2InSaNitY said:
hmm i'm a bit disapointed.. doom3 has better graphics by far.

And? It also had very repetitive gameplay (imho).

nice movie, i hope the little graphical bugs (weird shadows for example)will be fixed before release or in a patch shortly after release. Another bug was that the bridge you see in the beginning doesn't reflect in the water just like the trees, stones and other objects which didn't reflect in Far Cry if the graphic detail wasn't set on high. But it's still a cool movie. I like the effect of those aliens breaking into pieces if you hit them with the shotgun or any other powerfull weapon and that you also can pick up guns and ammo with the manipulator gun. Maybe you can kill enemies too if you shoot that away with the manipulater gun. And the flying soldier after being hit with a rocket, the returned to sender grenade and controlling the crane are still very cool things and I still haven't seen such memorable moments in other games.

Whats the point of comparing Doom3 and Half-life 2 graphics?

Really, I dont get it. Do you buy ONE game a year and that game is the one with the best graphics? I think 99% of doom3 owners will want to buy HL2 when it comes out. The entire comparison is moot.

Its fantastic footage and thanks to peeps who put links up, its by far the best bit of footage ive seen so far all though i do like the trainstation footage as well. bloody hell i cant wait for HL2.

azz0r said:

This is the same video they showed at E3 2k4, so of course the shadow bug is still in.

This is a bit of an afterstatement, but I've been seeding the vid all day so it'll go faster for everyone. From what I understand people suck at being nice and seeding.

So far I've had 1060.6 MB uploaded from me.

So I hope you'r all happy. :thumbs:

love this bink :cheese:
running over combine solider is gonna be hella fun :E

your damn right there, I just cant wait to interact with the environment like we have seen in all the bink movies that have been released. I mean for the first day of playing Half Life 2 when it comes out I will probably just be oggling the graphics and the scenery and moving things round.

fear not though, when I do get used to it all the fragging will proceed, lol. :sniper:

the probelm with binks is that there's no time bar or equivilent, so you have to watch the whole thing through.

or is this just me being dumb.

^ Yes doom 3 has the most amazing graphics of any game ever, but the gameplay sucks right down to the ground. Games cannot sell on graphics alone.

Andy said:
doom 3 has the most amazing graphics of any game ever
Doom 3 has the most dynamic graphics (because of the unified lighting system)... that is all.

Pretty much every graphical feature available in the Doom 3 engine, except for the unified lighting system, is available in the Source engine (and Source has some non-graphical features that Doom 3 doesn't). VtM: Bloodlines even shows that Source is capable of multiple shadows per object and shadows that point in the proper directions (though, I'm not sure if they fixed the problem of two shadows from the same light source overlapping)... with a bit of modding.

Indeed. They are both great engines for their own purposes.

nice movie. i really like that rpg. In HL1 you didnt have much space to really have fun with that RPG, well maybe in XEN or something. Its really fun in open areas.

The BINK was very impressive, I loved the revolver, it looks very realistic. :)

azz0r said:

How shocking. Imagine that. A video showing the same footage every time it's ran. Shocking.

Feath said:
How shocking. Imagine that. A video showing the same footage every time it's ran. Shocking.

Haha, sarcasm is the best form of flattery.

Well I'm buying The Sims 2 tomorrow, it's going to be sooo much better than HL2 and the graphics are waaay better too

Thank you for this lovely piece of information.

Definately one of the better binks. The music is very annoying though...

That demo was one of the most boring to date. "Look - physics!" just doesn't cut it after a year of delays. Graphics and level design isn't appealing either anymore. Finally, I've stopped looking forward to this game. Thank you, Far Cry & Doom III, for stepping up and providing the entertainment HL2 will never provide if the demos are any measurement of standard.

Dead Meat said:
That demo was one of the most boring to date. "Look - physics!" just doesn't cut it after a year of delays. Graphics and level design isn't appealing either anymore. Finally, I've stopped looking forward to this game. Thank you, Far Cry & Doom III, for stepping up and providing the entertainment HL2 will never provide if the demos are any measurement of standard.

I don't know about your world, but in the real world, Half-Life 2 was only announced in May 2003. That's not "Years of delays". The BINK shows some fun action and a rather class buggy.

If you don't like Half-Life 2, why hang around on a fan forum?

adsl420 said:
Quicksilv3r posted a direct link http://quicksilv3r.net/1MbitServer/04_HL2-Coast.exe in the half-life 2 discussion forum. seems to be a very fast server :)

Thanks, adsl420. I don't know anything about bit torrent ( :eek: ), so this helped a lot.

This may be my favorite of the binks so far. All that wide open space, fast movement, interesting weapons, variable tactics, truly interactive environment, interacting enemies...take that, Doom 3!!! :sniper:

The best part is definitely the cart-wheeling ragdoll of the Combine soldier killed with the rocket launcher! :)

i have seen that video before, was it in the e3 vid or something, btw that dude only said "year of delays" not "years of delays". I can do without re-releasing these vids over and over, they aren't impressive, the only thing it could have over any other game is gonna be gameplay and story, I hope they are great.
i sooo also hope hl2 looks better then cs s, and it gets more dynamic lighting . thank goodness theres been some awsome farcry sp maps to keep me occupied till hl2 comes out

polyguns said:
i have seen that video before, was it in the e3 vid or something, btw that dude only said "year of delays" not "years of delays". I can do without re-releasing these vids over and over, they aren't impressive, the only thing it could have over any other game is gonna be gameplay and story, I hope they are great.
i sooo also hope hl2 looks better then cs s, and it gets more dynamic lighting . thank goodness theres been some awsome farcry sp maps to keep me occupied till hl2 comes out

I misread his post but a number of people have been posting referring to waiting for Half-Life 2 for years.

"More dynamic lighting"? You mean more flashing lights that move around? Or did you mean Dynamic shadows.

As for the BINK, it's a high quality version of the E3 movie, yes. But some people like to watch them in high quality. It gives you a better idea of the game. Valve have only released the high quality movies once.

dynamic in the general term, real shadows, self casting shadows, shadows molding around the normal maps. it kind of looks that way in that walls video, where they show normal maps no the caves, looks awsome, but don't really see it anywhere in their vids. I have a sneaky suspicion that when the game finally comes out, sometime after 2006, it will look alot better. are there nay bink players out there that you can scroll through and stuff

Feath said:
I don't know about your world, but in the real world, Half-Life 2 was only announced in May 2003. That's not "Years of delays". The BINK shows some fun action and a rather class buggy.

If you don't like Half-Life 2, why hang around on a fan forum?

I cannot really say - perhaps "your world" consists of isolated eastern Europe cities run by nazi combine soldiers? Now, go read my post again, and you will see that i wrote "a year". That amounts to one (1). That should wrap up the reality check.

Regarding this new bink and the reason I hang here - they usually do not suck, like, say, some or other replies to my posts.

polyguns said:
... that dude only said "year of delays" not "years of delays". ... thank goodness theres been some awsome farcry sp maps to keep me occupied till hl2 comes out

Thanks for reading! :D I hope you are right, that Far Cry and others just keep us occupied until something even better (read HL2) comes out - the other demos just focused more on mood than slaughtering and show-off.

/That dude

Back