NEW BMW 740 with less than 1,000 miles and a small dent

I love the 7-series. But 70 grand for that mess? *spits*

l0l, that guy has a sense of humor:
"As you can see, it has a very small dent in the passenger side caused by "neighbors" brother. It's easy to miss, but I wanted to call it out so that buyers are aware of this. The doors don't open, all of the air bags have deployed, the car won't start, the frame is bent, the wheels on the driver side are all screwed up, II was told it's a total loss, and their are some brown stains (called mierda in spanish) in the driver seat left behind by the driver after a small incident, other that that, the vehicle is in mint condition."

Damn, bidding has ended right when I pulled out my wallet :(.

lol! "brown stains (called mierda in spanish)" ahhaahhaha, mierda means shit in espanol!

their are some brown stains (called mierda in spanish) in the driver seat left behind by the driver after a small incident

Wow, two tone leather. Sounds extravagent. :p

Not bad! :D

[edit] - Wait... That's just a bad photoshopped image I think.

I'd buy that, but I don't like the color.

Jhahn2k4 said:
Not bad! :D

[edit] - Wait... That's just a bad photoshopped image I think.

The rocker panel looks too perfectly smashed in, it could be a photoshop job, but it'd have to be a good one, not a bad one..

I originally thought it was probably just a good photoshop job since the cars frame and silohoutte have not been altered. Doesn't make it any less funny though. :D

$5,000 for shipping. Is that a joke or realistic, im confused

Fat Tony! said:
$5,000 for shipping. Is that a joke or realistic, im confused

I dunno what it costs to ship a car...

At first I thought that it was just one of those fancy decals you can buy at autoshops, but then I thought I could see some depth...

Looks fake to me.
The sun is clearly coming form the top right of the picture and the shadows on the dent seem to have a light source coming from the upper left... or maybe i need to get some sleep.

I dont think this guys telling porky's. I honestly think hes trying to sell that mess, if you read what he says,, he's a loon

Nah, the whole thing is clearly a joke
The more I look at it, the more I do believe it's a PS job.. the indents in the door flow too straight, they should bend in and be distorted

Six Three said:
I dunno what it costs to ship a car...

At first I thought that it was just one of those fancy decals you can buy at autoshops, but then I thought I could see some depth...

So let me get this straight. You go to a garage, "autoshop", and you purchase a big sticker or fancy paint work...to make you car look damaged?

Is there a reason for this? I mean...you spend money...to make...the car...look like its broken.

I'm leaning toward real. If you look very carefully the lines going down the side of the car doors are bent properly where the side is indented (shown in green), there is a sizeable gap between the two doors (shown in blue), and the lighting is correct. Watch the reflection of the road in the side of the car. If the doors weren't damaged the reflection would be in a straight line rather than curved upward where the impact was and the shadow's reflection would go along the whole bottom edge of the car (shown in red).

The "light source" that seems to be confusing people is the sun light bouncing off of other objects (such as the road) and onto the side of the car that is not in direct contact with the original light source (in a render this is called "radiosity").

There is no way it could be real. At the very least the description is lying.

There is no visible damage to the engine area or the axles (The guys says the car can't start).

The guy is saying there is damage to the wheels on the drivers side. Well, guess what? The accident was on the passenger side.

Anyways, if this accident was real, there should be more paint damage to the car. On the other hand, there appears to be a deployed airbag on the passenger side.

But I have to say its fake.

The damage to the driver's side wheels could be from most of the car's weight being suddenly shifted to that side (may or may not have tilted) and/or from being pushed into something (like a sidewalk). As for the car not starting, some cars are designed to not start after any serious impact (helps to prevent explosions and such) in which the air bags have been deployed. As I said, I'm not sure. It might be fake... but if it is fake it looks like a pretty good PS job.

A bit of t-cut would get that out in a second.
It's gotta be a joke, I'm no expert on cars but the bits that would be savable would cost less to buy new.

Leave it up to you guys to endlessly analyze some random image off the internet...

"As an added benefit, I have a compadre who owns a body shop that can probably take out the ding for about $49,000 and a case of Coronas. He is a former owner and partner of Yoshinoya. He decided to go on his own and now owns Yoshis auto body. I'd be happy to put in a good word for you."

LOL.

Back