new case help

Reaction score
my computer case now has some bad heat issues with it and i dont really like the door so ive been looking into buying a new case.

this is the case i have now http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproductdesc.asp?description=11-156-135&DEPA=0

i would like a steel case, something to keep it kooler, i dont really want a power supply ill just take the one from my old case and the fans. i really like this case http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=11-126-132&depa=0 but its a mirco atx and says it has some size issues (like big video cards). I have a radeon 9600xt and i want to upgrade to a 9800pro or a x800pro am i gonna have problems there?

if you can help me that would be great, or if you know of any good cases plz show me

thank you for the help

If you want something steel then you might be looking towards a more traditional case like Antec or Chieftec.
There are some good aluminum cases which are sturdy and keep the case cool as well. They tend to get more pricey though.

all i want is a nicer case that can stay kool. look at the demensions of the new case i want, is that size going to be a problem with ati cards or something? they said a big video card wont fit and its difficult to get 2 hard drives in there.

Why? said:
all i want is a nicer case that can stay kool. look at the demensions of the new case i want, is that size going to be a problem with ati cards or something? they said a big video card wont fit and its difficult to get 2 hard drives in there.

Look at a mid-tower case then.

I would try and find a case you like in person. It is important that you like the case aesthetically. Not to mention it is easier to tell if a case will meet your needs if you look at it in person.

i wsih i could, there isnt many places to look for cases around here. I think the best (possibly only) place would prolly be Fry's Electronics, and they aren't exactly known for their case selection

Yeah, there are not very many places to look at cases up close. I always find my best bet to do that is to check out all of my friends cases and see which features I like. hehe

You do realise that a steel case will not make it any cooler than a plastic one if the ventilation is the same? The actual case transfers so little heat that it does not matter.

Not having a go at you just checking.

i bought the same case and i'm facing the same problem.
my cpu is p4 3.2E prescott so it's really hot. usually when i'm on css or other games like warcraft3 the cpu fan goes up to 5000+ rpm (gosh.. so much noise). when i remove the side panel the rpm of cpu fan will drop to 3000 rpm. i think the design of that case has some problem. planning to get a new case also.

it comes with three fans, and i replaced my heatsink with a nice coolermaster one

EDIT: holy crap o_O the thermaltake is a huge case, i take my computer to different places quite a bit. ill think about it

yeah, amazing aint it? terrible case, plz i would like to get suggestions on good/cooler cases

lower the price the better :E

My thermaltake case came with 7 fans and a fan control unit. Works like a charm :)

If I'm ever getting a new case I will definately go for Thermaltake again. They cost a little more than a regular case, but they have lots of space, and lots of cooling.

I know I'm kinda hijacking this thread, but I have the same question basicly, and I didn't want to make a new thread :p. I have that same Raidmax case, and I don't think its giving me that much of a heat problem (haven't really checked though) but it's pretty loud and there are some other features that it just doesn't have. I've been looking at this case and I was wondering if that one would be ok to get, or if I should get this one and get a seperate power supply (maybe this one?)?

Thanks.

Either of those cases would be fine Hyperjag3 but I would definately go with a seperate PSU and get one made by either antec or enermax they tend to be really good quality.

Mitch2891 said:
Either of those cases would be fine Hyperjag3 but I would definately go with a seperate PSU and get one made by either antec or enermax they tend to be really good quality.

You're sure the power supply that comes with that one won't be good enough? I don't do any overclocking. If I do need to get a different one, would this one be good?

Back