New Case

T

theneb

Okay guys I need some suggestions for a new case, I'm looking for a midi alloy, the entire case must be alloy, no cheap plastic hidden behind plates of alloy.
My current alloy is just annoying the hell out of me, it has no removable tray.
Currently I'm looking at the coolermaster Wave Motion, it's pretty slick.

It's a very nice case, i was considering getting an Acrylic but i started doing some research and found out that acrylic is an insulator, though with all those fans thats not much of an issue. Also the acrylic is very delicate so bringing it around places with you might damage it. And there's no removeable mobo tray, and i read that a lot of them you have to take the mobo out to change drives around.

Personally I like the coolmaster Wave Motion, i'm thinking about getting one. It has the two front fans, optional top fan, and the back fan, plus the removeable mobo tray. If you're going to be overclocking or have a really hot room it's not the best for cooling, but it's better then most cases out on the market. Plus the roomyness of the inside is supposed to make it easier to open up and fiddle with, and is better for cooling. Plus it looks pretty sleek.

Coolermaster or Lian Li. All aluminum. Only plastic/acrylic youll find is the window.

I have a lian li PC68 and I frickin' love it.

hyenolie said:
i have a link of what you should get.

http://www.xoxide.com/clearacatxca.html

=P
um, No.
The wave case is very nice.

This case is pretty nice too.
The one I'm thinking of is similar to it anyway. The one I'm thinking of has 2 secure latches on the top of the side panel and a key to lock it. Also has a sensor that shuts the PC down when the side is opened. It is a new case so im not sure if they have it at some online sites yet.

I wouldnt want that sensor thing. I need to open my case pretty frequently when my rig is on.

my acrylic is preety nice, i love it, my setup is going to be crazy, asus is going to be jelous.

YOUR acrylic case? I dont believe its yours yet :D

Yeah, asus is going to be jealous of a flimsy all acrylic case.

BTW, the damn acrylic cases expose way too muhc. I mean, you can never actually have a true wire job since youll just see the mess of hidden wires from the other side of the case. Good luck with the set-up of the acrylic case too, hyenolie. Oh and dont forget about the millions upon millions of fingerprints and dirt will cover the case, hehe.

trust me, you jsut tell me what parts to get for optimum performance, ill take care of my case, and all the wire management.

p.s. i dont see how theres goona be wires from the other side of the case? idont get you. im goona have loomes, tiers, wraps, electrical tape up the ass, what you talking about?

Your still going to have to tuck some wires in behind the drive cages and the mobo. So you can see that on the other side with an all see-thru case.

I dont think i would ever buy an acrylic case.

Is Just get some lexan scraps and build my own.....

I like clear acrylic cases just as much as I like dust/scratches/wires/broken acrylic edges...which is not at all.

Asus said:
um, No.
The wave case is very nice.

This case is pretty nice too.
The one I'm thinking of is similar to it anyway. The one I'm thinking of has 2 secure latches on the top of the side panel and a key to lock it. Also has a sensor that shuts the PC down when the side is opened. It is a new case so im not sure if they have it at some online sites yet.

that case in the url looks sah-weet :D

i don't need a case right now.. but when i do.. that one will be considered heavily ;)

COOLERMASTER all the WAYYYYYYYYYY. they make the finest cases in the world. I agree with you theneb cheap plastic folded metal cases make me puke or some of the cases that look like a transformer with all the red and freaky designs.
this is the one I have http://www.coolermaster.com/case/p110b.htm

Thanks all for the replies, I currently have a skyhalk alloy case and this is what I mean by the plastic at the front, they have taken ordinary drive plates and screwed a thin film of alloy on it, also the temp probe lasted all of a few minutes, utterly useless. I did attempt to change the front temp probe display but the 90mm fan was just too large, twas gonna look good.
Anyway I think some spending is in order! I didn't actually like Coolermaster before these nicer cases and the whole aero range of coolers (which I also want for the silence factor)
I don't want Gordon Freeman to run supurb on my machine, I wanna make him comfotable!

Thermaltake Xaser line is very good for cooling and has acres of space inside. It also needs no screws to fit anything like PCI, AGP cards, HD's, Floppy, CDROM...
Also, they have lots of fans, look good, are built very strong and come with a lot of accesroies, including the infamous Hardcano fan controller and temp monitors...
The downside is that the super cases, although very super in design and features, are very heavy.
My Xaser III weighs 17Kg on its own with no components in it.

Back