New character in Lost Coast

Reaction score
After reading a PC gameing magzine, I've found out that there would be a new character in Lost Coast level. He is a fisherman, but not a normal fisherman. He will guide you through the level of Lost Coast just like Father Grigory, but without a holy shotgun, but a fishing rod.

Combine Hybrid said:
After reading a PC gameing magzine, I've found out that there would be a new character in Lost Coast level. He is a fisherman, but not a normal fisherman. He will guide you through the level of Lost Coast just like Father Grigory, but without a holy shotgun, but a fishing rod.

Uh....well done?

Are you serious? Will he fight the combine and the aliens with a fishing rod?

SteelMeister said:
Are you serious? Will he fight the combine and the aliens with a fishing rod?

He's more of a guide, pissing off whenever the action gets intense. I don't believe he battles anyone.

Combine Hybrid said:

How observant of you :rolleyes:

Its very interesting. I like new characters in Half-life !
I hope the fisherman will have name ....
I want see this fight : Fisherman vs Ichtyosaurus (Xenotherus) :D

I think this was actually confirmed right back when Lost coast was announced actually.

Samon said:
How observant of you :rolleyes:

I don't need sarcastic comments, I didn't post this thread just to receive a compliment, specially from people like you.

Samon said:
Well I was just saying, it has been known for awhile now. :)

In fact, it should have been known the second it was announced. The concept shots released over Steam...

I'm hoping for some other new NPCs too maybe...

According to the script in a thread that I can't be bothered to find right now, this Fisherman is probably scottish. He keeps calling Gordon "Laddie" ^^

If my bad memory serves me correctly, isn't there something about Honudeyes in the script? I'd love to see those return :) I know they are in HydraMod and possibly Aftermath....but still... Houndeyes!

EDIT: I meant Bullsquid. And on examination of the script, it says "We used to catch..." indicating they are possibly no more. Oh well...you never know...

Well, as we're all here anyway, you can get a look at the model in engine on PlanetHalfLife's lost coast footage video (root around on Fileplanet). Just be aware that said video seems to spoil the entire level for you ^^

Back