New Class...

Omnomnick

Retired Lead Content Creator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, we have all heard of the new class that valve are bringing out, yeh, but what is it doing to do, be, or do in comparision with our 9 man team members. I think valve have to be pretty careful with this one, DISCUSS

EDIT: And I think the new class will be female, just cos the others are all men, maybe like a assasin from Hl1 or something, back flips and all that

Ok, we have all heard of the new class that valve are bringing out...

440872574_63eed339ce_o.jpg

Did you know that the word "gullible" has been removed from the dictionary?

I'm Finnish, I'm not supposed to be expert in your language :p

*snickers
Oh, you silly lil munchkin.
*pets the OP

The only new class that I could ever see being introduced would be the VIP from Hunted Missions.

Sauce please.

Hunted civilian is definitely coming back. Same for the green and yellow teams.

The new class is going to be anti-tank, and it's going to be a very difficult class to play, or get any points whatsoever.

This thread is now about:

New Class ideas (That won't actually happen)

if i was to see anything new in TF2, it would be weapons and maps.

Such as the nailgun for the scout (as seen in earlier gameplay videos)

I specced my sniper deep into the Marksmanship tree but now my clan's telling me I need to go 41 BM! And, like, why are spies so OP? If a spy initiates combat, there's nothing you can do. Backstab, Vanish, GG. Why don't you just give them an EZ Mode button that makes it even simpler, Valve.

Balance PVP before you introduce another class.

Fireman: the opposite of the pyro, he attacks people with a hose and makes them wet, which will continue to moisten you for several seconds unless you are healed or jump into a fire. Secondary weapons are a water pistol and a bucket.

Rocketman: has a jetpack to fly around, and drop things on people from a great height.

Companion cube: wins the game.

Link: has all the gear Link has - bombs, bow, boomerang, shield and SPIN ATTACK which does 1000 damage to everything (or either team) within a 50 metre radius. Weakness is that the player has Navi saying "Hey listen" constantly until they go insane and top themselves.

Suicide bomber: is a scout covered in sticky bombs.

Suicide bomber: is a scout covered in sticky bombs.

Oh man, it would be so ****ing cool if there was interplay between the classes like that. A demoman could load up a scout with stickies and send him as a suicide bomber. Freakin' win.

i think the classes should get some of their special grenades back

i.e. the scout caltrops, pyro napalm nades, engi emp, demoman detpack. and a few others i can't quite remember atm.

basically the defensive type grenades.

I heard the new class is G-Man, you force your targets game to minimize and they have to write in MS-Word a 100 times "Gordon ISNT the G-Man".

I specced my sniper deep into the Marksmanship tree but now my clan's telling me I need to go 41 BM! And, like, why are spies so OP? If a spy initiates combat, there's nothing you can do. Backstab, Vanish, GG. Why don't you just give them an EZ Mode button that makes it even simpler, Valve.

Balance PVP before you introduce another class.

Also, they need to remove the godmode from the lollermedic. It's unfair they can go invulnerable for 10 seconds, and usually the coward just teleports back to his base. They should give it a cooldown of 1 hour. Medics are fags, always healing their team and they're very hard to kill, hate 'em!

what about some guy with a chain saw and automatic mines (like the laser mines in HL2 deathmatch)
or a suicide bomber who is able to bye bye an uber combo?
that would be even more blood!
Or some class able to control an enemy player and turn him (ie friendly fire on) against his own team for a few seconds?
cheers
magu

i think the classes should get some of their special grenades back

i.e. the scout caltrops, pyro napalm nades, engi emp, demoman detpack. and a few others i can't quite remember atm.

basically the defensive type grenades.

Grenades are instant area of effect weapons which mean they can always be cumulatively added(read: they can be spammed by entire team) to do things which remove the difference between defense and offense.

Oh man, it would be so ****ing cool if there was interplay between the classes like that. A demoman could load up a scout with stickies and send him as a suicide bomber. Freakin' win.
That would be soo scary, seeing a guy loaded up with stickies hop his way towards you...everybody would freak out to try and kill him before he can do it himself.

He should be able to kill an ubered heavy in a blast though, otherwise it kinda defies the purpose.

That would be soo scary, seeing a guy loaded up with stickies hop his way towards you...everybody would freak out to try and kill him before he can do it himself.

He should be able to kill an ubered heavy in a blast though, otherwise it kinda defies the purpose.

Hmm. Scout with 8 (or why not 16 from two heavies) sticky bombs, medic supporting with overcharge, running from some random angle to huge blob of enemy turrets and defenders.

It'd be deliciously imbalanced.

I always felt there should be SOMETHING to be able to stop an uber.
A combination of another two players , i.e. scout and demo would make sense to me.
The demo would have to be close as well (or they need excellent communication) to set of the mines at the right time etc. etc., so it does not sound too unfair.
Beside this out-time for the scout could be set higher after this kind of suicide.

I LOVE this idea

cheers
magu

There IS a way to stop uber: knockbacks. Detonating stickies under the uber team blows them into the sky, wasting precious seconds of the uber time. The same goes for rockets. Also, level 3 turrets have some nasty knockback.

Being able to kill the invulnerable player kinda defeats the point of being invulnerable, doesn't it? You only need to survive for 10 seconds.

You only need to survive for 10 seconds.

Dude I can understand you halfway, but we're in a videogame where the guy that you need to avoid has a frickin gas gun!
I know that in normal life 10 seconds is short, like holding your breath or not talking, but in a firefight a minute can seem like an hour.
Take Saving Private Ryan for instance, during all that firing, do you think surviving for 10 seconds would've been easy?
I hope yu understand a little better.

Shoot, I like to just push the medic away from the ubered man, causing him to lose uber, not realize it until it's too late, and he dies....MUWA....MUWAHAHAHAH!

Dude I can understand you halfway, but we're in a videogame where the guy that you need to avoid has a frickin gas gun!
I know that in normal life 10 seconds is short, like holding your breath or not talking, but in a firefight a minute can seem like an hour.
Take Saving Private Ryan for instance, during all that firing, do you think surviving for 10 seconds would've been easy?
I hope yu understand a little better.

I think you are grossly exaggerating a ten second buff. It's a single person, not a Nazi beachhead. It's not difficult to avoid charged enemies (although it will come at the expense of territory). And most charge groups leave themselves extremely vulnerable in the aftermath. Considering its brief duration and the time it takes to even build up to it, diminishing the effect in any way would hurt the medic class since it's one of its highlight abilities.

Meh, the game's fine.
If it ain't broke, don't add player classes.

Back