new code?

A

agencyman

I was wondering, since the recent situation. I'm not too tech savvy but would it be too much at this time for you Valve developers to made an even better engine, or make the current engine even better so that the "legitimate version" of the game is even better graphically and has some extra code so that the cheater's mods wont work? Sort of a new and improved Half life2, well for you developers anyway.

They "Feature-locked" the engine last year, but they are supposedly re-writing a lot of the steam code. I think.

Seeya.

Yeah, Steam's been a big problem for the guys. Especially in the hacked content. I think when Steam's ready we'll get Hl2.

-Ghost.

Looks fine.

121003-hl2_dx9.jpg

I beg to disagree gamera - there is quite a few polished levels that compare to that. Funnily enough I found a game version of the dx9 trailer and for some reason there was a buggy riding around shooting thin air o_O

Yeah, I'm just up too late here. Of course it's official.

Only, I've never seen it before.

Seeya.

If they were to recode the leaked code the game would be delayed another 2 years.. so no. Maybe a few sensitive parts and thats it :/

Originally posted by azz0r
I beg to disagree gamera - there is quite a few polished levels that compare to that. Funnily enough I found a game version of the dx9 trailer and for some reason there was a buggy riding around shooting thin air o_O

Yeah, but that screen-shot has specular highlights on the normal maps, fixed soft shadows and HDR. Admittedly I've not seen enough of the alpha version maps. :D

The screenshot was from the movie that was released a few weeks ago demonstrating DX9 features.

The shadows from the leaked version are horrendous. In all the official shots they look fantastic though.

That DX9 screen a few posts up is 100% better than the exact samelevel in the beta. The beta version of that level has no HDR (nothing in he beta has HDR), unfinishd textures, none of those specular highlights, and the buildings you see in the distance are different (ugly compared to those in the DX9 video).

Back