New Counter-Strike: Source Update

Blakeb155 said:
Type cl_minmodel 0 into into the console (~)
Of course I know. I mean, do I need to type it everytime when I play CS:S? Or once I have typed it, it will held forever even I turn off CS:S and turn it on in another day?

john3571000 said:
who are all the 1 post wasters posting in this thread? insta-ban plzkthxbye

This is such a nice thing to remember:
You are not your avatar. You are not your signature. You are not your ****ing post count. You are the all talking all listening crap of the internet. - Dyler Turden

That said, it's useless to join up just to insult the games, the mods and the other users, [name of new user fooling around this thread]..

Seems weird if the option is only changed on some setups.. but usually, these small errors are correted very fast by Valve. If they haven't all gone home for easter!

bbson_john said:
Of course I know. I mean, do I need to type it everytime when I play CS:S? Or once I have typed it, it will held forever even I turn off CS:S and turn it on in another day?

once.....have fun :O

<3 the new models :D
1337 crew, SAS and the Swiss models being my favorites, im quite happy about this update :)

DiSTuRbEd said:
If you had your config set to read-only before the update you wouldn't have any issues with this.
Mine was read-only. Affected everyone I believe.

I have a better option. Add a line

exec "userconfig.cfg"

into your config.cfg file. Then add the line

cl_minmodels "0"

to a new file userconfig.cfg in your ...\cstrike\cfg folder. Now you will never have to worry about updates messing you up again, yay.

Priyajeet said:
hey :)
So, which nOOb are you ?
:p

Disturbedofx der!!!!!111

The meany person in CS:S section when children start to whine. :E

I got the update right when it came out. Had no problems. Much like how I never have any problems other people say they have. Am I just lucky... or just not stupid?

Orcone101 said:
Mine was read-only. Affected everyone I believe.

well...everyone but me..probably because im special :p
i had set my config file to read-only a while back..so um not sure if it had something to do with it but either way, i was not affected. \o/

My cfg is set to read-only for the past few months so I had no problems.

I don't have any problems with the update... It works flawlessly for me, and I didn't do any "read-only" stuff to my config....

*shrugs*

cdoms said:
Yes, we know, you're an asslicking little fanboy, and we all think that's grand. But come on, this is a problem that suggests they dont even bother play testing updates anymore - it jumps out at you as soon as you start playing! The vast majority of players are not experts, and done think to set their configs to read only, nor should they be expected to use cvars (or use the console at all) just to get the game working properly.

This patch gets the bigs thumbs down here.
Time for you to learn a thing called independence. If something doesn't work, fix it yourself. The solution is simple and layed out for you, what else do you want? A silver plate under it too?

TheMastahC said:
I got the update right when it came out. Had no problems. Much like how I never have any problems other people say they have. Am I just lucky... or just not stupid?

Yes, everyone that is having this problem is stupid - including the dozens of people coming onto the server last night when I was playing wondering WTF is going on.

PS: These new models are CRAP. The arctic guy - WHY? There is only ONE map in the game with snow - and the rest are things like Dust. He just looks silly. And the new CT - why does he have a turtle on his head?

CookieCuttah said:
Time for you to learn a thing called independence. If something doesn't work, fix it yourself. The solution is simple and layed out for you, what else do you want? A silver plate under it too?
A silver plate would be nice, being I paid for the game. Obviously you agreew ith me that this is a VERY obvious problem with a VERY obvious solution - so why was the update released with this problem? Was it even play tested? What about the large majority of users who are not highly computer literate? It's OK for me, I know my way aorund a computer, and am experienced with the console - but telling some players to type a cvar into the console is way over their heads.

cdoms said:
A silver plate would be nice, being I paid for the game. Obviously you agreew ith me that this is a VERY obvious problem with a VERY obvious solution - so why was the update released with this problem? Was it even play tested? What about the large majority of users who are not highly computer literate? It's OK for me, I know my way aorund a computer, and am experienced with the console - but telling some players to type a cvar into the console is way over their heads.

Please go stick your head in a toliet and flush yourself. These updates are FREE, what you paid for was the CS:S when it was FIRST released, everything since then has been free, get it right. :rolleyes:

Seems to me as though they've not broken it again. Playing on a touchpad though, I can't say how well the lag correction works as I've not been able to hit many people.

Back