New Crysis Q&A and Video

PE2

Hunter
Reaction score
Gamespot has a new Q&A with Cevat Yerli (CEO of Crytek), as well as a video and two new screenshots.

You can read the Q&A here, and you can find the screenshots there as well. You can also view the low-res version of the video there (or get the high-res if you have a gold membership at Gamespot).

You can also get the low/high resolution videos from incrysis:
Low-res
High-res

High Resolution Video Mirrors:
Download Mirror #1
Download Mirror #2
Download Mirror #3

Enjoy!

i'm gonna need to upgrade the hell out of my comp >_<

and by upgrade, i meen swap out everything inside the case

Next time use the search cause i have a thread on this game lol Thanks i saw the vid its coming along nicely.

Next time use the search cause i have a thread on this game lol Thanks i saw the vid its coming along nicely.
Sorry about that. I made this thread in a bit of a hurry, so although I knew about the thread you had made (I saw it yesterday), I didn't see it on the first page, so I just made a new one.

I'll make sure to refer to your thread in the future :)

I'm looking forward to seeing how this will run on my comp, while I'm not excited alot about the game itself, it will still be a great benchmark :D

OMG go german developers! This looks extremely nice

The video was nice until the action begun. It confirmed my doubts about the game.

First , the weapon upgrades. The player toggled through a couple of upgrades to the SMG he had and choose a silencer and an iron sight to "mount" on it. It reduces the arsenal down to one weapon , just stupid. Why would I need or want to use another if I have "all-in-one" type of gun?

Powers. Lame. He uses sprinting that is almost teleporting , it just looks stupid. Jumping from roof to roof is allbeit cool , have no real imapct on gameplay other than making it easier. Destroying the cabin's roof with one strike of the weapon...knocking people meteres away after a strike with the weapon..It just seems to ease the game too much. I assume this will be kind of the things that are cool for X ammount of time and then get stupid , reducing the challenge and just not having a great deal of fun having that kind of advantage. The AI can't even spot you and you just jump on them from who-knows-where and spray them with bullets.

Everytime I see new stuff about the game i'm wondering if has anything more gameplay wise. They have to show me alot more than that to change my mind of it.

One thing though , finally a game where you can blast the wheels of a vehicle. Great addition that all the games should have , it was the highlight for me in this video.

wow that video was just amazing. But i dont like the voice of the suit, it would be better if it was one of those Female Computer voices, like EVA in Tiberian Sun.

Wow, that video pretty much proves that it's just going to be a run of the mill shooter with pretty graphics. :|

I'd be very surprised if Crytek shipped an unbalanced game. Stop bitching about it being all style no substance, there are some interesting gameplay opportunities there.

Keep getting a bloody "bad public movie atom" or something for the high quality video file....stupid quicktime.

the HD link is giving me a corrupted version for some reason. i tried twice... ill try low res

the HD link is giving me a corrupted version for some reason. i tried twice... ill try low res

I tried opening teh high res version and it said corrupt too. Although I had only managed to download 12MB of it so i started the download over and it resumed for me. It should be 95mb.

Wow, you can tell all that from just a brief clip?

Seriously, they were just showing some of the powers and OPTIONS for gameplay. Plus i bet he had GOD MODE and it was set on easy. No one likes to see the player die during a demonstration...

I can guaranty it will be MUCH harder playing it yourself.

Sorry about that. I made this thread in a bit of a hurry, so although I knew about the thread you had made (I saw it yesterday), I didn't see it on the first page, so I just made a new one.

I'll make sure to refer to your thread in the future :)

No need to be sorry. I don't want to have to read through ten million comments to see if there is actually some interesting news in there. Much better to post it in its own thread. That guy just wants the credit for starting the biggest crysis thread.

I'm tuning all the Crysis naysayers out so I will still want to play it. I might come back for 1 last reality check before I buy the game but I'll probably ignore that too. lol
I am determined to enjoy this game... until trigens make an appearance mid way through.

I'm tuning all the Crysis naysayers out so I will still want to play it. I might come back for 1 last reality check before I buy the game but I'll probably ignore that too. lol
I am determined to enjoy this game... until trigens make an appearance mid way through.

Oh no, don't remind me about the Trigens. I stopped playing that game is deleted it the second they showed up. :(

Look on the bright side, at least you can out move trigens with the hacker suit.

Agreed!

I'm just saying what I see. The upgradable weapons are gonna be the same as shown in the vid so passing judgment on it is a fair play and I just don't like it , they chose the wrong way to go in that aspect.

I just don't like the powers themselves and how they are used and again I don't see a reason why not assess it from the video. Gameplay video is a gameplay video.

Now maybe about the run of a mill gameplay you have a point , but from all the media released there havn't been anything to tell any different.
So yes , i'm beginning to wonder. The fight with the giant mech. spider does look great , but that's it for now from what was shown.

looks cool. gameplay looks interesting, although I find it extremely lame that you can have superpowers. The voice of the suit is also terrible.

I think their the best superpowers ever, because it has a decent plausible explaination behind it that is actually based in reality, for what they want to develop for US special forces in the future anyway.

Although possibly exagerated for fun reasons in Crysis you just look like the ultimate badass and that is good enough for me :p.

looks cool. gameplay looks interesting, although I find it extremely lame that you can have superpowers. The voice of the suit is also terrible.

no its not lame, in 2012 the USA army is going to install the same exact suit to their soldiers.

watch this picture: its called the exoskeleton (still under development, but the news indicating the final design is going to look something similar to what Crysis is doing)

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=exoskeleton&btnG=Google+Search&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi

Basically, an exoskeleton is a wearable machine that gives a human enhanced abilities. Imagine a battalion of super soldiers that can lift hundreds of pounds as easily as lifting 10 pounds and can run twice their normal speed. The potential of non-military applications is also phenomenal. In 2000, DARPA requested proposals for human performance augmentation systems, and will soon be signing contracts to begin developing exoskeletons. The military agency said that the testing of this new technology is at least a decade away. It will be much longer before soldiers are donning these body amplification systems for battle.
source@ howstuffworks

Is the game running in DX 10 or DX 9 ??? in this video

The Gamespot article suggested that it was running in DX10, but there has been no confirmation of that, so it's still unclear.

The AI looks sucky and I saw a really bad graphical bug where a leaf at 58 seconds just jumps about half a meter. I know it's pre-alpha but I can't see AI improving.

I'm still gonna buy it, looks very good fun and awesome graphics. :D Wonder what their rigs are?

Back