New Crysis Q&A and Video

no its not lame, in 2012 the USA army is going to install the same exact suit to their soldiers.

watch this picture: its called the exoskeleton (still under development, but the news indicating the final design is going to look something similar to what Crysis is doing)

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=exoskeleton&btnG=Google+Search&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi

source@ howstuffworks

Yeh it's pretty awesome. Obviously the idea in Crysis behind the suit is to combine an exo skeleton with nano tech for fully working artificial replica's of each muscle group.

It's fascinating because one day special ops might wear something that looks very similar.

I hope my 8800gts will work as well as thoes GTXs that I suspect their using.

Yeh it's pretty awesome. Obviously the idea in Crysis behind the suit is to combine an exo skeleton with nano tech for fully working artificial replica's of each muscle group.

It's fascinating because one day special ops might wear something that looks very similar.

Well yes, I have heard of that for some time, but modern exoskeleton ideas usually do not incorporate jumping up on top of buildings and hitting people back tens of meters.

Exoskeletons would be used mainly for heavy lifting and perhaps simply making movement in large "battlesuits" humanly possible. Although it certainly might be possible to do the things we see in crysis, the suits would be far too huge and impractical to work. To jump at such heights without sustaining damage the suit would inevitably look more like a big ungainly mech than a sleek suit.

I'm currently on a amd 3800+x2 6600gtoc and 1.5 gigs of kingston ddr400. (8800gts comes in Monday)

My new setup is going to unfortunately have a P4 because I dont have a motherboard that the 8800 will fit in for a 939. So, the 8800gts is going in with a P4 3.0ghz and 2 gigs of ddr400.

If the P4 is insufficent, I'm going to get a new box and motherboard so that I can run it with the AMD. Although, if that doesnt seem worthwhile, I'll get a core2duo e6600 and a new motherboard for that. But I'd prefer to not spend the money on a new processor and ddr2 ram right now.

Got any suggestions?

The p4 is DEFINENTLY insufficient. No reason to pair a 8800 with that.

Well the only reason I have is because my P4 box is the only thing it will fit in as of now.

Well the only reason I have is because my P4 box is the only thing it will fit in as of now.

I think your fine just wait for some benchmarks to see how the game runs. Then upgrade. I couldnt wait so i just got a few good parts.

Quite a waste to buy a first-gen DX10 card tbh, you'd be better off waiting for DX10 to get somewhat off a foothold and buy second-gen DX10 GPUs when they come out after summer or so :)
Besides, with a 8800, you should be able to run the game not just on "High", but probably "Very High".
Whilst certainly, the game looks very nice, I think it's gonna be very demanding on the CPU and RAM, what with the huge areas, the constant checkings off the character if he touches leaves etc, and the physics etc.
I'm hoping to run it between ATLEAST medium-high in DX9 on my OCed Core 2 Duo E6600(Standard clock is 2.5 Ghz), 2 gigs of very high-end RAM and my OCed 7900GT.

In DX10, if they did it right, the 8800 will be doing all of the hitboxes. The reason I say that is because of the cascades tech demo for the 8800. The GPU is handling everything that your seeing, including the physics for the falling water. But I could be wrong, its all about how Crytek ended up building the DX10 part of the engine.

The reason I got it was because I was due for an upgrade anyways.(coming from a 6600gtoc) My parents bought it for me for christmas. I chose the 8800gts over any other card (except the gtx, cant afford that), why not right? Should I have gotten something else?

Wait, did your parents buy you the 8800GTS for xmas?o_O You get xmas presents for like 400+ USD? Spoiled bastard..:p:LOL:

It was actualy xmas + birthday. Got the gts and a new powersupply. Having a birthday close to xmas has its advantages.

It was actualy xmas + birthday. Got the gts and a new powersupply. Having a birthday close to xmas has its advantages.

Not for me :( my birthday is dec.14 and i didnt get jack , so i oedered a new pc for myself.:D

I'm heavily anticipating dx10 and Crysis but theres no need to get trigger happy yet, it's too early. Going to give it 3 more months or so before even starting to get bit's and pieces for a better rig.

Sorry for the double post, but there's this insane 7 second clip everyone has to see with a landslide.

Mirror 1
Mirror 2

Also at the end a tank plows through a hut, and it is destructively aweshens.

Looks nice and all but in terms of physics, the Alan Wake demo frm Intel where they ran the Quad-Core optimized version of the engine, the physics were FAR more impressive, I mean there they accurately simulated a bloody tornado ripping apart every building piece by piece :O

Yeh that was cool I saw that video. Crytek have said they are including twisters and earthquakes so I'm going to assume we havn't seen the best of it quite yet. Should be fun to watch, from that tank crashing into the hut so many bits and pieces came apart, it was insane.

The videos dont work for me.

Work now and HOLY#### never saw that before thanks Clarky

The suit: I believe Crytek wanted to steer away from the "cliche" female synth voice used in HL with the HEV suit, and other sci-fi games/movies in general.

The uber-gun: While this may or may not (we have no idea really) limit the arsenal to a less amount of guns, you have to keep in mind that this is pretty accurate. Right now the M4 Carbine which is widely used by several different armies, most notably and relevant in this point, the US Army. It is extremely customizable, and is often fully decked out for use by the Special Forces, with all sorts of modifications. Taking this even further soon will be the SCAR assault rifle, which will replace the M4 line. In keeping with ease of use, this will also be heavily modifiable, and will be compatible with most current attachments.

Therefore, the concept of a multi-purpose gun being used in what year was it, 2009, which i do believe is the SCAR-L, is pretty realistic considering the setting of the game as a whole. Not to mention, you'd think with the technology to create some super athletic suit they'd be able to design mechanical attachments to a rifle.

Malfunction, erm, are you aware there's a real reason there are female synth voices?

These are for example standard in aircrafts where they use voices to alert pilots, such as "Pull up, pull up" or "eject", the reason?

Psychological studies have shown that generally speaking, people pay more attention to a female persons voice, connecting it to their mothers, and thus a quicker reaction and as such, considering this is a military system, with a inbuilt voice, wouldn't it be logical for it to follow the same as everything else that has a 'inbuilt' voice in the US military? I.e. a female voice?:) It's sorta funny tou start talking about accuracy in weapons when the whole male voice synth thing can easily be considered as unlikely.

Well, his point about it being cliche is valid for both.

A full arsenal of weapons is common in most games. How much more likely is it that somebody would carry around all of the attachments for one gun, than say, an entire aresenal?

What bothers me is in the first point he talks about it being cliche, then in the second he starts talking about accuracy, what do you want, non-cliches or accuracy?
Because accurate would most likely BE a female voice.

Who cares about logic , i'm coming form a gameplay standpoint. Why would I use numerous weapons when I can have a slincer , scope , g.launcher and whatnot in the same gun? I'd rather have each weapon with it's own adv.\disadv. and you will have to choose what most suits your situation , plus there's the deal with the ammo , conserving and so on - stuff that you don't get when you have a single weapon with all the capabillites and uses the same ammo.

I would be less bothered if the game had only one gun and you could upgrade it and change it's functions. Though ultimatly I would prefer unique guns , each acts and handles differently.
To top it all of , it looks it takes considerable ammount of time to toggle through the upgrdaes and mount them - vital time in combat that you could easily spare by just hitting the key for the weapon you want.

I just don't like the suit poweres. Seems cheap and it turns the game a littlt too ridicilous(sp) alongside making it easier. It seems to be their version of the all-overused-and-mostly-impactless "Bullet Time" - A "cool" effect that wears out fast without contributing gameplay , at least from all we seen from the game to date.

I just don't like the suit poweres. Seems cheap and it turns the game a littlt too ridicilous(sp) alongside making it easier. It seems to be their version of the all-overused-and-mostly-impactless "Bullet Time" - A "cool" effect that wears out fast without contributing gameplay , at least from all we seen from the game to date.

If you reckon Crysis are going to invest such a shiteload of resources into a game that isn't balanced then you're bloody silly. Hell, if farcry is anything to go by, the game will be harder than average, and without the sodding trigens. It's very, very likely the guy had god-mode on simply to showcase the features.

Also, Max Payne, FEAR. and SMOD :E

If you reckon Crysis are going to invest such a shiteload of resources into a game that isn't balanced then you're bloody silly. Hell, if farcry is anything to go by, the game will be harder than average, and without the sodding trigens. It's very, very likely the guy had god-mode on simply to showcase the features.

You're right about the god mode, if you actually watch the top left corner of the screen at the end of the video, you can see that it says:

GOD
You died 1 times

So basically, if the player didn't have god mode on, he would have died in that video.

Ahh, that makes sense Gangantou, I just like guns. :D

In that case, then yeah I guess.

Back