New Cs:s Movie

MindCrafter

Reaction score
Sorry for the all-caps but this is pretty interesting :)

<snip>

It's in german so i hope somebody will translate it for us.

Very nice stuff (apart from the German dubbing) - physics look excellent, I loved it when the CT got shot on the stairs at the end, the friction made him go nowhere, unlike in other games with physics.

Give credit to Varsity for finding that link at least :]

Looks very cool, just hope more can be done with physics than moving barrels and tables, but i suppose that's what HL2 and it's multiplayer are for. Regardless it looks very good. I definitely like how the models move, much more realistic. It was very cool when he killed a guy with the shotgun on the stairs and how he fell. I like how the guns bounce when you drop them too. Someone translate this!!!

p.s. Does anyone know what that level is with the oval ceiling and the lights shining in?? It's at 3:29 in the video

great video.. great graphics... makes me a bit more excited for the other mods, not really CS:S, as its.. well.. a little counterstrikey. that and i've never seen cliffe before.

Already posted in the thread one below this one...

Meh.

i dont ever look at the CS:S forums, i went here because it was the most recent post and it had the word video in it.

The vid voiceover states it'll be a free addon for all buyers of HL2. If you want to check it for yourself, she says it near the end, when the player does some shooting near the outdoor stairs place again.

I still think it'll be a seperate package, but oh well, just thought I'd mention what I heard.

wow, the ragdoll does look pretty nice.. especially when the CT gets killed at the end
My only complaint is how crap those weapon models look

I didn't think the weapon models were that bad, but who uses default models in CS anyways?

In the room where there are holes in the roof, is that HDR I see? Did they decide to use it? Is that mapped on or dynamic? I really hope HL2 and its mods look nice because The graphics have seemed to be less impressive since the leak.

It seems like I will never have this game physically in my hands. I cannot see the day when I drive home with an EB Games bag that contains the HL2 box.

Oh well, back to workin' on my motorcycle. At least I have dirtbikes to play with.

racerxill.com

Aphal said:
I didn't think the weapon models were that bad, but who uses default models in CS anyways?

Well, the shotgun looked awful, something was just off about most of them.. perhaps the animations, dunno

It looked nice overall, though :) At first I was like "glad to see they haven't changed italy at all.. really putting source to great use there"

I'm really excited to see what maps the CS community can put out. For normal CS it was always the fan made maps that were far more impressive than the standard ones.

TheWart said:
what happened to the video?
Unfortunately it's copyrighted material of the magazine, so we risk legal action by allowing it to be posted here. Nothing stopping you from talking about it, though.

TheWart said:
what happened to the video?

Munro said:
Because it’s a magazine exclusive we can’t post links to it here but rest assured there will be more Counter-Strike: Source videos appearing on the web very soon including the high quality version of the E3 2004 presentation.

That's why.

EDIT: Too late...:(

Besides, you know the host is probably overloaded by now anyway...

can anyone translate what they are saying in the video....some of it sounds pretty interesting as far as CS S is concerned.

Everyone looks like they're hunched over, and all guns, even the mac-10, are all held in pretty much the same manner. =/

Darn, well if anyone gets a higher quality link, pm me about where I can find it to uhhh, report it. ;)

Lep said:
Everyone looks like they're hunched over, and all guns, even the mac-10, are all held in pretty much the same manner. =/

Never played beta CS, did you? They look similar to the models seen in the beta versions of CS

Yeah, and having "SUMMER" added to the end was an extremely cute touch.

Moto-x_Pat said:
In the room where there are holes in the roof, is that HDR I see? Did they decide to use it? Is that mapped on or dynamic? I really hope HL2 and its mods look nice because The graphics have seemed to be less impressive since the leak.

It seems like I will never have this game physically in my hands. I cannot see the day when I drive home with an EB Games bag that contains the HL2 box.

Oh well, back to workin' on my motorcycle. At least I have dirtbikes to play with.

racerxill.com

No...please read the thread about HDR in the HL2 discussion board, you'll understand what it is...I'm no technical guy but that's definately not HDR.

I personally was not impressed by the vid, the rag dolls were good - graphics were just ok, weren't all that impressive IMHO.

Finally some new information and a VIDEO! Great to see how it's coming along. At least it has reminded me why I'm working full time this summer busting my ass packing fish bait lol.

My German ain't that great, but around 4:52 the narrator mentions something about that it's a costfree addition to all versions of Half-Life 2.

It looked nice, not awe-inspiring, but nice. It's a VERY welcome fresh new start for cs, the HL1 cs concept is just dying.

All the links on csnation are being hammered.

Most hilarious thing about this movie is that they actually pronounced it as Counter-Strike: Sauce :LOL:

Just watched it.

Looks really awesome. I love the redesign of the tunnel in dust, with a ceiling that goes up for like 50 feet. All the little touches to the maps....wow. That's going to ****ing own

Can't wait for some sweet ragdoll kills :E

Looking forward to it.

Looked pretty cool all updated and stuf. For all those people who want new eye candy and more "realistic" gameplay it will be enjoyable. I cant wait to get hands on it, and I hope that free statement is true.

yeah i just watched the video and the italy part was sweet, being able to push shit around is gonna rule. im gonna push all kinds of crap in front of the doorways in the cellar and build a little fort.

Wish there is the manipulator gun...then you seriously can build a barricade of crates (on top of each other)

im sure one of those server mods will do something like that :D tha'd be awsome :LOL:

Back