New DoD:S info and screenshots

First you people beg for some media and when they finally show something you go and moan about it.

You should glad to the skies that they agreed to show something at this early point of development.

Even at this early stage of development, is alrealdy looking very impressive.

And when they add the new models, it will look even better.

^Ben said:
DOD : S Cost about $1 for the silver package, and knowing valve and how how much after market support they put into their products i'm certain there will be updated player models and more maps.

Quoted for truth but closer to 5$.

I personaly love what I have seen so far. Call me a fanboy if you must but in the end all I really wanted from DoD:S was the ragdoll everything else is frosting, I'm glade I got the silver package. From my point of view the player and gun model is not as importent as getting the gameplay (ie recoil, and picking up your own nades) and feel of dod 1.3 right and so far from what I've seen the dod team is right on track.

Also to put this "beta testing for silver and gold owners" to rest, this most likely will not happen and in the end is better for it. The current team of testers are far more focused on testing then I ever would be (I'd just be playing it). And if the CS:S beta test is any proof more players would bitch for more maps then beta test.

well imo, i love dod, but those hand models made me sick.

However, i WOULd accept if Natural Selection did this. a Quick and Fast port, so i can get playing that FANTASITC mod ASAP. without having to have HL1 installed.

This i would accept from NS because its free, so id patiently wait for the new models to be implemented further own teh development line.

however to have to pay £20 for that, no thanks.

Grand Architect said:
Quoted for truth but closer to 5$.

Well im looking at the back catalogue and HL: Source.

The Preacher they call it a beta for a reason, I think you should read back through the topic and other topics.

Without a DOUBT those models WILL be changed sometime in the future, I really don't believe they'd leave those in, I will be buying DoD:S whenever its released on steam, didn't have a reason to buy silver package or gold because I own 2 copies of hl2 :p so I am willing to dish out the $30 for it though. Looks great to me!

Once they replace the models they have a source engine visual game.

Roll on TF2 :D

I feel most of those that complain about the models just don't understand the work needed to do that. DoD:S has been under development for about 4 months and CS:S was in development for 7 months (with a larger team) and was released with only two player models, and in the 4 months after its release no new model have been added (yet mind you, as the new screenies in this weeks steam news looks to have a new CT model). Really player and weapon models are cosmetic and are the last thing to worry about. If your building a custom car the last then your do is paint, after whats the point of a car looking nice if it dose not run?

^Ben said:
Hopefully E3 we will get some info :D

That would be cool if they had enough material to finally show it off, if they don't, oh well we will see it in 2005 sometime...I hope.. ;)

Is DOD, just a WWII themed death match? I've obviously never played it. Can someone give me a sentence or two overview?

I just played CS for the first time in my life a little over a month ago. Fun stuff.

What about Team Fortress? What kind of setting does that game have?

Fishlore said:
Is DOD, just a WWII themed death match? I've obviously never played it. Can someone give me a sentence or two overview?

I just played CS for the first time in my life a little over a month ago. Fun stuff.

What about Team Fortress? What kind of setting does that game have?

Go play them and find out ;) :E

*wonders why people reply without doing homework*

*gives 80% of the class an F*

In a nutshell, Day of Defeat is a WWII-era, team-based, class-based shooter with a push-style point capture play system. Aka you play on a map and try to capture all the flags to win.

[AciD ZerO] said:
i still think the models of the hands are pretty bad, but nice screenshots

OK you people are getting annoying, WHO CARES ABOUT THEIR HANDS YOU AREN'T LOOKING AT THEM WHEN SHOOTING THE GUN....UGHHHH you people blow my mind on how much you want done...

yeh but what i meant was you had to pay like £20 fo the silver or gold packegs (extra) to get DoD.

so if i received this beta i wouldnt be happy, i wouldnt want to pay for a beta, and if the models get changed perhaps i will buy it.

oh and i do know what it takes, www.galactic-conquest.net <, check the Team page.

Use common sense guys. It's an early version of DOD:S and I think they'd want to get the game functioning and running before making visual upgrades. No? You can have all the prettiness you want but if nothing works then what's the point?

The_Preacher said:
yeh but what i meant was you had to pay like £20 fo the silver or gold packegs (extra) to get DoD.

so if i received this beta i wouldnt be happy, i wouldnt want to pay for a beta, and if the models get changed perhaps i will buy it.

oh and i do know what it takes, www.galactic-conquest.net <, check the Team page.

No, Silver is paying $10 extra for DoD:S, HL:S and the entire Valve back catalogue. So in essence, you pay shit for DoD :)
It's a bargain and well worth it, even in this state with the old player models.

Wow i like the maps and the new sound thanks for that valve...... but i almost cryed when i seen the player models. But still its going to be a blast playing it :D

i wish they did a complete overhaul such as they did with cs .. why do we have to wait so long for this.

It's looks pretty crappy so far.

Kinda disapointed I bought the silver package because HL:S was useless and this doesn't look appealing at all. Waste of money in my opinion.

Don't flame me.

Retail quality games that take less time to release, that cost less than normal, that are continually upgraded and that allow players to give feedback for possible future upgrades? Sounds good to me.

not that anyone realy cares but. i would like to point out that upon re-reading today what i wrote last night (concerning the, i know what it takes check the team page) it sounds VERY conceeded and arrogant. that wasnt my intention so apologies from me :D

as i said i doubt anyone actuallly cared anyways but all i meant was i have some insight into what its like.

and i was a HUGE dod Fan, so my disapointment is more from being unimpressed with the screenshots they chose to show. the maps look awesome but the models were dodgey. im sure they will look great eventually :D

also looking forward to NS . NS and DoD are my favourite mods, and im actually enjoying CS now the source version is actualy alot better than the retail HL1 version.

Damn... cant wait to play this game. I just hope it'll be much cooler compared to the old DOD.

^Ben said:
Read before you make yourself look like an ass.

Get a life, do you really need to comment on peoples posts that express their opinions?
hl2.net should get rid of their post counter, it'd weed out a few morons off their forums.

COALslaw said:
Get a life, do you really need to comment on peoples posts that express their opinions?
hl2.net should get rid of their post counter, it'd weed out a few morons off their forums.

Uh oh, the get a life post. If you can't be bothered to read through a couple of posts you would of seen the models are only temporary and the rest of DOD: S is up too source standard.

Maybe they should put an IQ filter on this forum? Would certainly have stopped you from joining.

(6.38 posts per day)

Wow, if you can't come back with a usefull reply, instead of being shown what an idiot you are I think you should just back out of this conversation.

OMGEE +1 post!!!

^Ben said:
(6.38 posts per day)

Wow, if you can't come back with a usefull reply, instead of being shown what an idiot you are I think you should just back out of this conversation.

OMGEE +1 post!!!

this is a useful reply? look all i said here were my 2 cents, i think the game looks like crap AS OF NOW. Now instead of listening to your pointless ramblings i am going to go do something productive with my life, i wish you could do the same but who knows..

I hope the game looks better in the future cause dod original was awesome.

Back