New Doom3 preview. HL2 superior?

Originally posted by alb1221
I of course magically got my doom III apha and DIDNT use a p2p program to snag it

Having a friend bring it over on a CD is somewhat p2p - just kidding ;)

I didnt find the D3 demo THAT revolutionairy , sure it looked good. But it was shoot this , shoot that ect ect. I have it on my HD still as well , and I do play it occasionally.

You have to admit Dimitri, the cutscenes (especially the one with the half mech demon in the bathroom) are spectacular. :)

Ive never seen that cutscene. Just played the Alpha , and I was impressed with the big demon that confronts you at the airlock , his shadow is menacing at the door , then you turn around he kills you and rips your head off.

Originally posted by DimitriPopov
Ive never seen that cutscene. Just played the Alpha , and I was impressed with the big demon that confronts you at the airlock , his shadow is menacing at the door , then you turn around he kills you and rips your head off.

Not if you use notarget :afro:

My GeForce 4 MX can't run the graphics on the alpha ;(

Well 9800 soon.

Well the first time I killed him I didnt realise he was the key to ending the level with the cutscene so I kept running around him and shooting him , Killed him eventually.

look, im just as excited for d3 as half life 2, i will get both games the day they come out, i've played the alpha version and must say that so far that has been the best gameplay experience i've ever had. The game is dad gum cool and bullet holes in guys look increadible.

d3...good engine. I'll wait until its 20 and I know what people are saying about it

what? Wait until its 20. I think theres a typo somewhere lol. I want to see what grows from BOTH of these engines , both are amazing.

I see discussion is calmed down now to the point where people who probably have open minds on both games can say"he this looks great in that game"

My last thing to disencourage the people who say doom3 will be brainless shooting: it will be for a part yes :) but i still love that personally.

When asked how interactive Doom III will be aside from the stuff with the new physics engine, Willits said, “There is equipment that you have to use to move other equipment. The computer systems that you can tap into is very useful. There are NPCs that you have to talk to and work with,” Willits wouldn’t comment further at this time on how much NPCs in the game would work with the player.

In terms of Doom III’s game length, Willits said the whole debate about how long a game takes to play is, “really silly” He admits, “I honestly don’t know how long it will take someone to play through the game. The cool thing about Doom III is with the backstory stuff, the videos, the emails, the computer interactions and other stuff, there are some cool secrets that you have to be a really crafty player to dig into things to find and to discover. You can blow through Doom III as fast as you want to or as slow as you want to. We have given both types of players stuff that they can enjoy.”

...i said all what i wanted to say and i'm awaiting both games know.and when i've played them i'm going to be able to say..aah they were " ..... "

Originally posted by DimitriPopov

It's at the beginning of the second level: you just kill the first demon, then take a few steps and you see the other one crawl back into the bathroom. If you follow him inside you get to see the most spectacular cutscene ever: the light is dangling left and right reflecting on every sink and mirror casting moving shadows... the whole experience is very frightening at 2am with the lights off hehe :)

Back