new electric guitar.

NeptuneUK

Space Core
Reaction score
lo,
im wanting to learn the electric guitar.
would a 'fender' be any good to start off with?
i dont know much about guitars... anyone a guru or something? advice?

cheers
:imu:

The Fender Stratocaster is one of the most versatile and best guitars there is, but you might wanna start with a Squier guitar. Squiers are 'cheaper Fender clones' and you can your hands on one for only about $200. In case you don't like playing the guitar you didn't 'lose' too much money then.

EDIT: oh, and don't forget you need an amp too (and a cable and/or tuning device)

i look out for a cheap guitar package, any models that i should avoid?

models that you should avoid eh? well most people will say (and i partly agree) Encore (the ones from argos etc) but if you're just learning, and not really sure. its only like £80/£130 you've wasted and its not THAT bad once its worn in NOT THAT I'VE GOT ONE OR ANYTHING!!!! ;)

I had a Squier Affinity Strat pack. It was decent for a beginner. Also, get a chromatic tuner.

I know this will sound a little off, but I REALLY reccomend an Ibanez AXS32. These guitars are VERY versatile, great sounding, easy to play, as well as having a unique look. They are a tad expensive for beginners, but they will last well through your beginner and intermediate years.

My first electric was a Cort-X6, very versatile and great looking. But a Squier seems like the ideal choice for the beginner.

at absolute beginner level alot of the guitars are indistiguishable, so don't worry about going real cheap. When you've got a bit of mastery then you can start comparing makes, type and shapes.

I started off with a horrible, horrible, horrible fake strat \:)/ now I have a Silvertone Paul Stanley Sovereign Pro

Back