New enemy ideas

in that case, the t-1000 would also be a good enemy... so would the new ig88

I would like to see some kind of swarm based creature which can form together to make bigger ones like the npc_surface from the tech demo, or a creature which can turn into that weird particle monster and back into itself or into other NPCs, like you are trying to kill it but it turns into the water thing and goes down a plughole, I personally think that would be cool.

I see no one played Unreal here.

I did , i dont seem to remember anything like that though... Then again it has been over 5 years since i played it.

I still think there should be a zombie with any kind of gun, seriously, why is it that the Zombine know (partially) how to use grenades but they fail at learning how to pull a trigger on a gun and don't seem to use them?

Super long fingers probrobly prevent it. Have you seen how big they are?

EPIC

They won't fight very well on their own but be AMAZING in packs. I think the attack should still be radial, but I do think that maybe the charge-up time should be faster. Also keep in mind that snow doesn't usually go down 20 feet even in the arctic, so there probably won't be any houndeyes hanging out right below you in the snow.

And think of the possibilies of how it could effect you. When just one houndeye uses it's soundwave attack, it will only do a little bit of damage and you lose your hearing for a couple seconds (you just hear that ringing sound) and the screen shakes a bit. But the more houndeyes that attack within a very short amount of time of eachother, the more damage it does and the longer the ringing effect is heard and the screen shakes severely.

there absolutely MUST be an avalanche scene caused by the houndeyes!

If it goes down 25+ feet on the mountains of Arizona I'd wager it goes that deep in the arctic.

Well here goes my first post. Hello all. :)

Anyway, on topic. After reading most of this thread it seems a lot of people are either wanting to combine (No pun intended) A with B or want to see returning enemies from past games. And while some of the ideas offered here are interesting (and humorous), there doesn't seem to be a lot of original thoughts being suggested. I'm trying my best not to sound like a dick. lol

So, here goes. I've always had an idea for a sci fi military vehicle, and HL2 seems like a great universe for it to be made possible. Basically, it's a one man tilt rotor hover/aircraft piloted by a Combine troop. In the centre you have the small, semi open cockpit and the two rotors on each side. Its suppose to be a sort of scouting vehicle used by the Combine to overcome difficult terrain. It's not a Synth, so its in the same vain as the Hunter-Chopper or APC. While gunfire would do moderate damage to them, they're extremely agile and getting direct shots with any of your weapons while they've spotted you would be rare. It's weapon would be a mounted turret fixed under it that does a hefty amount of damage. So how do you kill? The easiest and prefered way is by hiding from them/losing their sight of you, forcing them to come lower to the ground to search, sneak up behind them and, using some conveniently placed poles and the gravity gun, jam one of the rotors for a one-hit kill and a glorious death scene.

I think it would be awesome to have. There'd be a cool introduction scene, wide open/non linear areas to engage combat with them, and it employs the use of the gravity gun. The best possible image I could find to give a rough picture of it is the Manta from the Unreal Tournament games.

http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/851/ut2007manta1lm4.jpg

Kind of a shame that it's already been done (I genuinely thought I was the first to think of the idea :( silly me). Still, I don't see why the Combine couldn't have a similar vehicle if they already have War of the World like Striders and Facehugger cousin Headcrabs. Make the thing smaller, move the drivers seat forward while getting rid of the front end, give it a Universal Union reskin and you have a pretty cool enemy.

Or, you know, that Headcrab Stalker Zombie was a sweet idea as well.

What I wanna see is a Black Combine Elite and zombies with different outfits. :D

I thought Synths were enemies only created by the combine, like striders, hunters, stalkers, and such.

I would want more zombie types. And to fight more generic combine forces. I mean,why do deploy expensive striders and gunships everywhere when you can also mass-produce cheap synths. Like those seen in the end of Half-Life 2.

I thought Synths were enemies only created by the combine, like striders, hunters, stalkers, and such.
They are , no one said differently. Also stalkers arent synths , the closest to a human synth is the overwatch soldiers.

I wouldnt mind if valve made more different kind of zombies, but i dont want 3/4 of the enemies we kill to be zombies in ep 3. If we go to the borealis which is probably gonna be like a citadel when we get there, there should be new synths that we get to fight....

They are , no one said differently. Also stalkers arent synths , the closest to a human synth is the overwatch soldiers.

The guy who posted above me (legohalflife2man) said that he wanted to actually fight some Synths like the ones we saw three games ago.

And this is a list of synths on Wikipedia, and it says stalkers are synths.

Never trust wikipedia. It's not always correct, because anyone can edit it any time they want. Synths are the cross between machine and alien, and stalkers are humans augmented to perform work. If they were synths, they'd probably have a rocket launcer on them or somethin'.

Never trust wikipedia. It's not always correct, because anyone can edit it any time they want. Synths are the cross between machine and alien, and stalkers are humans augmented to perform work. If they were synths, they'd probably have a rocket launcer on them or somethin'.

They've got SHOOP DA WOOOOOOOOOP powers! Does that count?

Never trust wikipedia. It's not always correct, because anyone can edit it any time they want.

Now come on, what kind of person would go through half life 2 pages and edit them just to annoy people like us. :hmph:

Besides if people edit the pages, they just get erased eventually. I've done it before.

In half life 2 as ur heading to Dr breens office in the stalker cage or watever it is....u see everythink getting built and i was wondering what those 2 brown crawling monster were if any one gets wat im saying lol

I'd hope to see Zombies in different outfits, i mean they can't all be Homer Simpson? Some Combine soldiers in winter camo-clothing would be cool as well as more "scary" enemies for those creepy levels. I mean, a headcrab isn't that scary, a regular zombie can be a bit eerie but never really scary. The only really scary thing is the leaper zombies. Those make me crap my pants. ^^
In Ravenholm it's mostly the setting that makes the chapter insanely creepy more than the enemies, except for the leapers. It would be cool with some nasty looking, fairly small but fast creature for those airduct adventures ;)

Fighting crab synths would be cool and of course getting in to some real battles with Advisors :) Maybe some more of the Xenian fauna that slipped out on to earth, you know. Things that aren't "evil" per say but still give you a hard time. Much like Antlions. I know Xen doesn't have any endemic creatures but you know what i mean.

A Mr. Peanut synth. Riding a zombie bear. With a horde of Morgan Freeman clones.

I want a nine metre-tall synthed polar bear, crossed with an allosaurus and Predator.

But enough about my Christmas list... Hurr hurr hurr.

Not an enemy, but an NPC nonetheless: Resistance members wielding the crossbow. Please more than those 3 dead guys in The Coast :D

Yeah,there aren't any female zombies.And there were female combines but they were cut.

Female zombies and Female Combine Overwatch.
How would a woman in that body armour and gassmask look any different from a man in it? For all we know half the overwatch troops are women. They have an artificial voicebox.

How would a woman in that body armour and gassmask look any different from a man in it? For all we know half the overwatch troops are women. They have an artificial voicebox.

Yes but they have a manly tone, besides i think it'd be easy to tell the difference between female and male combine overwatch, i doubt that bodyarmour and gasmask are just there to weigh them down, and it's obviously not for protection because you can still crowbar them to death so i think they must have a female version of it that doesn't look as baggy.

I myself wouldn't mind seeing female combine overwatch or female zombies, but i wonder how female zombies would look... :D :) :| :(

So after a while in Paint I've created a little, very rough, very shitty concept of the Combine vehicle/enemy I described a few posts back.

finalscoutpicturemc8.jpg

Of course it needs a helluvalot of work to make it look better, but basically thats how I picture it to look like. If anyone with artistic skills or Gmod would like to refine and make it look more easy on the eyes then feel free to do so. As long as there's two ducted fan rotors on both side and centered in the middle, with the Combine pilot in a semi-exposed cockpit seating position then I'm happy.

I've even thought about the bio for it a bit more, its introduction and how to fight it in gameplay. I was thinking of something on the lines of a Combine Pathfinder, a sort of scouting bike that can overcome the (Presumably) rough terrain in Episode 3. Even it's first apperance would be striking. Picture Alyx and Gordon heading towards the light out of a cave/tunnel, and just as they're about to do so three Pathfinders suddenly lower, blocking the way out. I didn't want to get too deep since I haven't a clue whats going to happen in the Episode, but just imagine them getting taken out by something before they can act. As for combat, it's primary attack would be a pulse turret that fires rapidly much like normal stationary turrets or the Hunter-Choppe. Being caught in the open would be a bad move as it would quickly take you out. Infact, it's manuverability means any gun fire while they've spot you would be pretty much dodged. This forces the player to approach them by surprise and from the sides/behind. So a level on a container ship would be great. A wide arena with plenty of open routes to approach them and containers to hide behind (Or maybe even inside). And while I said it's the only way before to kill them, jamming their rotors with a pipe would only be a skilled option (Much like punting a flechette-covered object back at a Hunter at the right moment for a one-hit kill).

Kinda seems futile even suggesting anything at this time, because I'm sure Valve already have Ep 3 planned and ready, with anything new added during development being minor. Still, if they did add this enemy into the game, I'd cream myself with joy. :D

teeext

Kinda seems futile even suggesting anything at this time, because I'm sure Valve already have Ep 3 planned and ready, with anything new added during development being minor. Still, if they did add this enemy into the game, I'd cream myself with joy. :D

Valve's response:We fully endorse this event and/or product

I'm sure Valve has a idea of what Ep. 3 will be, but as far as planned and ready, I seriously doubt that. I read Valve is still throwing up new ideas of Ep. 3.

I tried to read the whole post but i just scanned the last few pages...so this may have already been mentioned but...there should definatly be an enemy that makes use of aperture portal technology. Have an enemy akin to the lady assassins in hl1, but whose agility and elusiveness comes from the portal gun. They will constantly drop through the floor right before you hit them and land on your head! Or use gravitational momentum to hurl big heavy objects at you...or just open a port under your feet and launch you off the side of a cliff!! well...i think it would be cool

Back