New game, new experiences.

yah CS is gonna be a tottaly new experience :|

She:

Eh.. did i say something about no life if you play games..???
did i??.......
No i Didn't..

ok?

She (well, last half is more general):

More general as in not entirely on you.

Where do you get everything from..

Pretty vague? yeah... see, irrelavance in her argueing, she is intentionally trying to annoy people.

I guess you're obviously cool for being such a jerk.

It would be nice if the MODs would lock this thread before She replied again... meh. -_-

later.

Pretty vague? yeah... see, irrelavance in her argueing, she is intentionally trying to annoy people.

I guess you're obviously cool for being such a jerk.

First of all.. im not so HOT on English.. and i dont understand every single word..

and yeah... i like it when people are trying to "teach me manners" on a Forum... lol..

anyway..

Hmm.. when i play HL2.. and if i get a "mission" from whoever.. i wont go and do it directly.. i want to explore the city and sneak around and stuff... I really hope that you dont have to do missions all the time.. that would be boring...

It looks like HL2 will have a lot more strategy than other games, which is what will give it replay value. The only other FPS I have any interest in possibly buying is Stalker, which also looks like it has a lot of strategic elements.

FEAR looks too much like Doom3 in which you see some nice effects (bullet time-type effects in FEAR's case) and say "cool" for the first couple of times you see it. Whether you keep playing the game in the long-term however depends on how many different ways you can play the game over and over again where each different way is interesting. I, like many others, only played through Doom3 once and then had no interest in playing it again. I know EXACTLY what is going to happen every single time and I have no need to see the graphics again. Although it was fun the first time, I don't think $60 is worth a single run through the game.

alan8325 said:
It looks like HL2 will have a lot more strategy than other games, which is what will give it replay value.
What elements of "strategy" in HL2 are you refering to?

Yellonet said:
What elements of "strategy" in HL2 are you refering to?
You have more options to accomplish something, like deciding whether or not you want to use a vehicle, how to utilize your allies, whether to grab an item yourself or use the manipulator from a distance, etc. Your only option isn't which weapon you want to use.

She said:
No... you obviously didn't read my posts..
Where i state that Doom3 = bad
Where i Didn't state = playing games = No life..

Actually, I've read this whole thread, and I agree with exoeight.

Actually, I've read this whole thread, and I agree with exoeight.

Actually.. i dont give a F***. Drop it..

Lets stay on topic shall we..

alan8325 said:
You have more options to accomplish something, like deciding whether or not you want to use a vehicle, how to utilize your allies, whether to grab an item yourself or use the manipulator from a distance, etc. Your only option isn't which weapon you want to use.
Wouldn't that be "tactics" then? :cheers:

Same difference, to me anyway...

I suppose I'd personally go as far as saying strategy was the science of employing tactics, but that still means both are present.

She said:
Actually.. i dont give a F***. Drop it..

Lets stay on topic shall we..

omg go play your leak and poke yourself off with a elongated chisel f'in slant

lol this is funny. referring to an earlier post u made about me she.

if you read through all of my posts ull notice i havent mentioned valve or HL2 in any of my posts? so why is it that everytime i slate doom3 u feel the need to keep on about hl2? and if u say the game stinks why do u feel the need to keep replying to my posts defending it?

omg go play your leak and poke yourself off with a elongated chisel f'in slant

Do you really want to get banned for flaming me??
leak?.. lol..

if you read through all of my posts ull notice i havent mentioned valve or HL2 in any of my posts? so why is it that everytime i slate doom3 u feel the need to keep on about hl2?

Beacuse this is a HL2 forum? flamer... :|

I hope everybody here realizes that we all try to confirm only what we believe in everything we experience; we selectively remember. This may be basic but we all have preconceived notions about things; it takes training and study to learn to be (more) impartial and fair.

We all see the same material about HL2 around the same time (besides the beta testers who are generally supportive). Some see it as Valve showing off their engine (physics intensive vids showing manipulator, buggy, etc.) and will staunchly try to defend their claim.
Others see it as Valve teasing us with how good they think the game is (atmosphere/gameplay intensive vids like docks, Alyx and Kleiner, tenements, barricade, strider, bugbait,etc.)
(you can guess which side I'm not; no impartiallity here.)

In both minds other opinions do not make sense or are weak arguments. Facts that contridict them can be forgotten simply because it does not confirm their preivous beliefs; Some chose to overlook Valve's (and Marc Laidlaw's) fervent emphasis on storytelling and atmosphere in interviews and say the game is nothing more than a physics toy. Others don't even notice shadow bugs until it is pointed out to them.

The worst thing a person can do in a situation like this is to let their emotions get into it or become aggressive. It does feel nice to try to prove a person 'wrong' but sometimes (when it ultimately adds up to nothing- ie. the game eventually comes out) it's best to let it go.

Back