New Generation 3D Engines drewling Screenshots

lajkonik86

Reaction score
Heeeyz

Did you all already see the new engines? The graphics are far better then anything i have ever seen before. Photorealistic 3d envirement rendered in real time:) Too bad they aren't at the level of blizzard movies yet:(
But hey they rock, Njoy the great screenies:
http://www.top-download.net/games/newgeneration/engines.php

Yes those are indeed textures with dept:)
Hail to ATI and NVIDIA for making it happen :hail:
And that monster with those drewling good graphics i'm gonna enjoy fragging his ass. It's the Unreal 3 engine for those who didn't savie.
Njoy

Hope future GTA has better graphics then this:p

Cheers,
Thierry

oh man.. i have a fetish for bumpmapping and these screenies made me horny.

Unreal 3 engine still looks the best IMO (the picture with the big scarry guy that looks like he belongs in LOTR.)

Most of those i have seen, but I am not complaining :)

Dont you think the Chronicles of Riddick engine, is the Doom3 engine in disguise? Except it runs smoother and looks even better.

thats like saying i only buy ati
lame you just want the best no matter how they are called.
have to agree though "reality" engine is sort of a gay name

dude...this info is eons old.....half of those screenies (including the monster) are taken using the unreal engine 3.....yea they are pretty but look around im sure you will find this posted a long time ago

I read somewhere that current generation Directx 9 cards are gonna be the bare minimun to be able to run the Unreal 3 engine. Guess im gonna have to upgrade soon.

the first game to use U3 engine will be released no sooner than in 2006.
so plenty of time for an upgrade:p

it looks awesome, especially those normals, parallax maps, soft and fuzzy shadows and glowing objects.

btw - what's with the link? it keeps crashing my IE and Firefox.
weird

ummm.... what's this Generationm Engine? Those, at least the ones I looked at, are UE3 screenshots.

look at the bottom of them.

"Unreal Engine 3 Technology Demo C 2004 Epic Games. All Rights Reserved"

oberGeist said:
the first game to use U3 engine will be released no sooner than in 2006.
so plenty of time for an upgrade:p

it looks awesome, especially those normals, parallax maps, soft and fuzzy shadows and glowing objects.

btw - what's with the link? it keeps crashing my IE and Firefox.
weird

Doesn't Pariah use the Unreal 3 engine?, and isn't it coming out in March of this year?.

I don't think Pariah is actually usin the UE3 engine to what it should though. Now engines today can render that of Next Generation. Though no one could run it is the problem.

BTW: Oblivions engine pwns all in grass!!

Max35 said:
Doesn't Pariah use the Unreal 3 engine?, and isn't it coming out in March of this year?.

not likely.
during the first presentation of UE3 they said, that only the latest geforce generation is able to run the engine with acceptable framerates. considering that most of us is still using geforce 4 class hardware that would be highly unwise for them to make a game that would run on 10% of today's PC's.

besides Pariah's engine looks more like updated UE2 to me. models are far less complex that those in UE3 presentations.

but maybe it is some iteration of UE3, just with some of it's features unused and others scaled down. unfortunately there's no info on that subject on Pariah's homepage

Nice stuff. The latest Unreal engine looks the best out of those. The detail is just amazing!

You should see the UE3 trade show videos. Those things made me wet. Epic always have beautiful engines first. Remember how far Unreal was ahead of everything else in 98 (it came out a month or two after Quake 2)? It was still unmatched until Quake 3 reared its ugly head, and even then the slight tweaks they introduced to Unreal Tournament kept it on the forefront for a while.

Unreal 3 hasn't been announced so I'm not sure we'll be fragging these monsters, far to many people think that the Unreal ENGINE 3 -IS- Unreal 3, from what I've heard that's not the case.
Anyway, Bioware has licensed a copy of the UE3 engine and are working on a game using it's technology, SWKOTOR3? Perhaps, lol.
Also, most of the first games we'll see using the UE3 engine will probably be using it in a more toned down scale, atleast this is the impression I've been given from my friend who's got an editor, I've acctually talked with two, one was from moddb and he's a student at a computer uni where they apparently got an copy of the editor, and aside from that I talked with a guy from Irrational Games, who've apparently also got an editor for UE3(So I assume they've licensed it too which wouldn't be suprising considering they've previously worked a whole lot with the Unreal/Unreal 2 engines.:)

Sol_Invictus said:
I can't stand the Reality engine.

Yeah. The new reality engine has terrible lighting effects. So unrealistic looking. But it has nice physics, and ragdoll! Can you imagine if reality had death animations ughh.

Max35 said:

No it uses a heavily (and I mean heavily) modified version of the Unreal Tournament 4 engine (which is a heavily modified Unreal 2 engine).

Looks really good though.

seem all those screens long time ago. Nice anyway.

Back