Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Milk

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Dont Know Jack About Guitars

Votes: 6 40.0%

• Total voters

MilkMan12

Reaction score
Guys...I finally got a new guitar. I been playing about almost 2 years on a Yamaha knockoff strat that came in a beginner pack...about 70 dollar guitar. I have been looking for a new guitar for so long and I finally found my baby that I love so much. I like classic rock/rock mostly...I was looking for a guitar with a locking tremolo and a warm sound (both are very hard to find btu I finally did).

The answer http://www.music123.com/Jackson-DXMG--i71131.music

The Jackson DXMG was the answer and I ****ing love it. It can take such a beating from the trem without going outa tune...I love it! I can feel how much better and easier it is to play on this than my other guitar and even though its 2 humbuckers I can still get a great warm rock tone with soul. Its so ****ing awesome.

I paid about 490+100 for a hardshell case. I didnt haggle or anything because I get a discount at guitar center for 10% off at cost. So once the manager comes back from his trip I will get a lot of that cash back.

Next thing to do is a get a new amplifier...any suggestions for someone who likes classic rock and some soft clean stuff as well? I know the two dont mix but there has to be a versatile amp out there...it took me a while to find a versatile guitar but i found it!

Lot of people think its just a metal guitar but seriously I hate metal but this guitar gets a great soft sound out of it too...I can play osme clean jazz and blues on this and it sounds great. Im loving it. For more money I know I could have gotten much better so no one say Fender FTW lol like someone did in another forum.

I wanted a Fender American Deluxe LT but it was too godamned expensive and it just wasnt worth it.

Now what amp should I get? I want a versatile amp that can play rock, classic rock, blues, jazz and has some cool built in effects under 600

I have that same model but it's the ESP Kirk Hammett version. It's a good looking guitar

Eh, I'm not too fond on Jacksons. Played one at a band practice some time ago, felt abit... I dunno. I just didn't like it much.

You do get alot of people buying them because of their image and that they may be classed as metal guitars. Its like BC Rich's; when will people open their ears and realise how horrible they sound?

Oi! I have a BC Rich!

And I admit, I'm a guitar noob and it was bought pretty much on image alone. I'm not one of those people who's incredibly picky and perfectionist about how it sounds. And I'm a pretty sloppy, inaccurate guitar player. Although the BC Rich was relatively cheap, and better than the Encore Strat I was using at the time. Also, my Line 6 Spider II arrived today. \o/

Ibanez ftw!!!! :)
Although I would kill for an iceman and a mesa triple rectifier :(

SimonomiS said:
Oi! I have a BC Rich!

And I admit, I'm a guitar noob and it was bought pretty much on image alone. I'm not one of those people who's incredibly picky and perfectionist about how it sounds. And I'm a pretty sloppy, inaccurate guitar player. Although the BC Rich was relatively cheap, and better than the Encore Strat I was using at the time. Also, my Line 6 Spider II arrived today. \o/

Sorry, I just can't stand them. :p

I am pretty picky on what the sound is like, 'cause lets face it, I want the best money can buy or closest. Which is why I'm a big Ernie Ball fan. Not that Ernie Ball are best for playing, say, Testament and Bolt Thrower, but I play guitar mainly for playing Pink Floyd, Yes, Peter Gabriel, Hendrix, Zeppelin, etc etc.

Line 6's, however, are awesome. I think I've played through the Spider II, I'm not sure. My freind has one of the Line 6 range amps, so who knows.

I own a Vintage Metal Axxe Razor. It's black. It RAWKS!

Im more of an ibanez man myself, love what they can do, especially the £500 - £1000 ones, give beautiful sounds.

As for an amp, i suggest you buy urself a hughes and kettner amp, i recently bought the 100watt and its beautiful. PLays like the equvilant of 150w line6. BTW DONT BUY MARSHELL. Only if your buying a stack then marshell isnt worth the money. Hughes and Kettner give lush warm clean sounds, with beatiful tone. They have a lush metal style and sweet rock sound. There are four channels which you can customise, clean, crunch, lead and warp. You can make whatever sounds you want on them tho and give them some very nice sounding effects. Its LOUD aswell and looks ther part. Defiinatly worth you trying your new guitar on i think

I'm in need of a new amp, I'll have a look around for the one you suggested at Music Live this year. That way I'll be able to have a go through it, too.

I'm considering getting a new guitar, too. My SUB1 is excellent, and I love it, but I may go for something different. I use my dads Fender Highway Strat alot, which is GREAT for playing Pink Floyd (it being one of Gilmour's guitars helps that anyway...) and his Telecaster, but I might go for something that allows me to play more metal type stuff a bit better.

looks nice and a good rating...im saving for an Ibanez S470 myself...which HOPEFULLY i can someday afford!

Yeah I tried a bunch of Ibanez guitar which just didnt match this ones sound. The Ibanez felt better but didnt sound better...except for the JS series...they just sucked hardcore and were over 1k.

I honestly dont like the look of this guitar...I dont like depressing metal looking guitars...I wish I could get this guitar in a bright red or something cause I aint that kind of guy and I dont listen to the type of music/play the type of music this guitar LOOKS like it plays...in reality this guitar is meant for people who want a locking tremolo but play jazz and classic rock and blues.

SearanoX said:
The only Ibanez I've seen are low-end ones that you can't even scrape off the bottom of the barrel. I wasn't even aware they had higher quality guitars, but rather dealt in cheap stuff meant for beginners and people who like to abuse their instruments.

The cheap ibanez arnt worht getting for sure, they start to get really good at £500+. Then its when they shine. Im looking at a nice £700 one at the mo. Just try out guitars ijn the shops before you make an opinion like that.

it was really nice ..he hunted one down for years before he found one that was in mint condition which he paid about $400 back then ..now it's worth almost $3000

oh and you're implication didnt escape me ;)

Back