New Half-Life 2 Editing Page

Onions

Reaction score
Following the recent release of the Half-Life 2 SDK, The Snarkpit have recently opened their new Half-Life 2 editing page to the public. The section contains numerous mapping tutorials, including 3D Skybox and displacement surface articles. [br]
[br]
If you are into mapping, be sure to visit here.[br]

Nice one, i'll keep an eye on that website.
Hope they put up some good beginners tutorials soon.

Like Hellbound said. Beginners tutorials would be great :)

i figured out most of the other stuff by myself, just play around with it a bit. these tutorials are about where i am up to. i just started yesterday and learning the uses of everything is a great idea before getting down to the nitty gritty of actually making complex geometry :)

a description of each entity type and example of how to use would be great too.. but i fear i guess it would take too long.

BAH I need Valve to sort out my credit card, I can't let snake pit get ahead of me with tutorials! DAM U VALVE ACCEPT MY CREDIT CARD!

dude there's only 8 days left...just get the retail version.

but using steam is best imo hehe

IchI said:
BAH I need Valve to sort out my credit card, I can't let snake pit get ahead of me with tutorials! DAM U VALVE ACCEPT MY CREDIT CARD!

Gotta pay them bills !! :)

anyone know where i can find some fun maps to mess about with the source physics? i would make some, but, i cant

where can i get the tools used in the tutorials? it isnt on my steam menu :O

Hey guys I can't find the place to set the parameters for glass, could someone please help. ;(

[edit]: when I double click I get solid with 6 faces!

[edit2]: Hey I have got a brain, I've just found it. :naughty:

This should be useful, I did some minor editing with Doom 3.
But it was all just messing about.

IchI said:

Damn right :)

its really not that hard to make a map with physics and crap in it, just give it a shot. read the documentation, pull your hair out because its very vague, wait for someone on a forum to tell you a way to even allow your map to compile, work out some more things by yourself and BAM theres a map.

Thx for the link dude!

It will certainly be pretty usefull.
I did crappy maps in old CS but now I'll make a buggless and good looking one on soource.

thx again.
hey btw, is there a post or a room on this site to discuss map/mod making?
that would be amazing if of course i'm not the only one working on hammer in this forum ... am I?

Is anyone else having problems getting to the page? It keeps saying that the page does not exist

> where can i get the tools used in the tutorials? it isnt on my steam menu

> sdk was released?

Originally posted by Taylor Sherman
The SDK is only available to accounts that own CS:S right now.
In other words, if you plan to buy HL2 via retail, you have to wait till Nov 16th.

Back