new Half Life speed record

CptStern

suckmonkey
Reaction score
45 minutes to complete the whole game :rolling: ...these guys need girlfriends. The previous record was about an hour (I think)

source

ye but i bet he used methods that were made by the other guys... :O

CptStern said:
45 minutes to complete the whole game :rolling: ...these guys need girlfriends. The previous record was about an hour (I think)

source

not girlfriends, better times on game levels! They said it takes 36hours to complete hl1. WRONG!

Dude, i got this to say.

WHAT

THE

F*CK

????

ya I think they also used some shortcuts ...still it's taken me almost 5 years to get half way through the game

Do they just run through the whole maps....................***N RUN RUN RUN .....?????

Dude i got to say this.
I ****ING HATE THE MOTHER****ING FILEPLANET SHIT IN ****ING HELL BASTARD WAITING TIME PISS ****ING ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Wow, 45 minutes. Sweet. I'm eager to fix my computer so I can download and see the demo. :D

Bio said:
Dude i got to say this.
I ****ING HATE THE MOTHER****ING FILEPLANET SHIT IN ****ING HELL BASTARD WAITING TIME PISS ****ING ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

heh, sig material :)

but it's only 15-20 minutes...just leave the window open and browse the forums a while ;)

i wonder if Pendragon will add this to his collection...

That is weird, he played the game in segments...what does that mean? Sounds like he sort of glitched.

Majestic XII said:
The record before this one was 56 mins i believe.

Cool :)
No, it was 52 minutes, y00 n00b!!!!!1111 :dork:

I LOVE these. Gonna dl it now.

I saw one beaten in 52 minutes, but it was an earlier version of HL so you could bunnyhop and stuff. And skip the Gargantua chapter. That was cooool.

vegeta897 said:
I LOVE these. Gonna dl it now.

I saw one beaten in 52 minutes, but it was an earlier version of HL so you could bunnyhop and stuff. And skip the Gargantua chapter. That was cooool.
I believe you still can bunny jump in Half-Life, no?

hmmmm, Half-life is up to 1.1.2.0 now? where the patch, all the stuff says dedicated server patch? And i don't wanna install divx, given all the adware it has.

adulus said:
hmmmm, Half-life is up to 1.1.2.0 now? where the patch, all the stuff says dedicated server patch? And i don't wanna install divx, given all the adware it has.

Just get spybot and spyblaster. They can block adware from coming onto your computer. and scan with spybot and spysweeper

There's a link to www.archive.org damnit... Use that one :p Instant download.

This was actually worth downloading. Comes very close to speedrun perfection like in the Metroid games & Q2. Good job to whoever did it :E

Dr.Spock said:
not girlfriends, better times on game levels! They said it takes 36hours to complete hl1. WRONG!

uhh, it does take a long time when you first play. You explore around everything to make sure you have ammo and health before going into other areas ahead, need to find your way through the puzzles, a hidden exit etc. There's a diff between going full speed through a game you have already mastered. He isn't even killing the baddies.

adulus said:

Or just get the Divx codec FREE without the software.

Bunnyhopping's still possible in SP, no longer possible in most MP mods unless purposely allowed or badly coded.

Only 40 minutes left to wait... now it's 41
/me smacks fileplanet with a large trout.

Computer5k said:
Only 40 minutes left to wait... now it's 41
* Computer5k smacks fileplanet with a large trout.

/me stabs fileplanet in the eye with a spiked dildo

Why is dorkery like this hailed as such an achievement that everyone must witness?

Fair enough, the guy's played the game so many times he can rush right through it, but in the end what does it proove other than he's a bigger dork than I?

Bah. He uses exploits. He really didnt go through all of Half Life in that attempt.

I want to see a speed record where someone goes through the game without using quirks in the level to bypass huge chunks of the game.

Ahhhhh, reminds me of all the Quake-done-quicker videos. The only exploits used were rocket jumps and mad hopping skillz. Those required some skill.

There are penalties @ SDA for exploits like the ones he uses.

he did it in different parts, so it wasnt continuous, thats what they meant by segments

Why didn't anyone tell me you could open doors by pushing a npc at them?

Yeah. And why didn't anyone say that you could activate health machines through WALLS?

Bio said:
Dude i got to say this.
Seconded.

Impressive, but only in a "Why bother?" kind of a way.

watching it now. some parts are done really well. skips whole levels at times! but i don't much like the clipping exploits, kind of 'cheap' if you get me.

Sorry, what? How does he bypass large sections of the levels?

Dedalus said:
watching it now. some parts are done really well. skips whole levels at times! but i don't much like the clipping exploits, kind of 'cheap' if you get me.

Had the same thoughts when watching it. :dozey:

He also saved alot and would do parts over and over to get a better time, thats why there are small continues every now and then where he goes from 100 to 99 hp for no reason all the sudden, so this prolly took him a week or so. Look for the fastest time on MGS: Twin Snakes, no saves, 1 hour or so to beat it without killing anything, and no exploits on the hardest difficulty.

Back