New HL2 Easter Egg?

mrkab00m

Reaction score
I know this should be in the Speculation section, but I think it's important.

I got in an HL2 mood listening to Breen's welcome speech so I played HL2 in the dark with a big ass pizza. In turn, I found this snooping around Kleiner's lab:

All the rest of the consoles like this one have an FM station on it, but this one seems to say "Blue Scholars" or something like that. We'll never know what it means if it is an easter egg, but I found it odd.

They're a band, "ELECTRIC RELAXATION DOWNTEMPO HIP-HOP, NEO-SOUL & ROOTS" (from their website). Maybe a Valve employee is a fan? Nice catch, by the way. Could be something else, to be sure.

mrkab00m said:
I know this should be in the Speculation section, but I think it's important.

I got in an HL2 mood listening to Breen's welcome speech so I played HL2 in the dark with a big ass pizza. In turn, I found this snooping around Kleiner's lab:

All the rest of the consoles like this one have an FM station on it, but this one seems to say "Blue Scholars" or something like that. We'll never know what it means if it is an easter egg, but I found it odd.

interesting indeed, something i've never seen before so :cheers: to you

A NEW easter egg! IMPOSIBLE! My excitement is almost palpable!

ríomhaire said:
A NEW easter egg! IMPOSIBLE! My excitement is almost palpable!
Hmmm well i've never seen it myself but i remember it being posted before, not new to me. Someone explained it too somewhere.

Nice spot :thumbs:

I have only played through HL2 twice now, never have i tried spotting small things such as these, i think i shall play through it again and take my time, looking at every little detail :)

holy moly thats tinny!

how the hell would you notice that?

bah, I already knew this one! the question is, has anyone else discovered David Blaine in the game?

nice find, i've never noticed that

wow. I was expecting an

"I SAEW TEH GMAN!!!!" thread

good job

JNightshade said:
bah, I already knew this one! the question is, has anyone else discovered David Blaine in the game?
Heh, like everyone.

i read about it, never tried to find him though

does it look like him or just a floaty guy?

Regarding the David Blaine comment I suspect he is characterised as a civilian or something close to that... I don't think he'd be a zombie... although he might... I mean he did do all that box stuff. :borg:

Heheh, the article is convincing shame that the screenshot sucks... lol

i believe i had seen it elsewhere and thought everyone pretty much knew about it.
anyway its worth a re-post since some people did not know about it :)

Hmm, interesting, shame they couldn't get a better system for the ScreenShot :x

I didn't know about the David Blaine thing, but I only got my new PC system a few days ago and Halflife 2 last night... It's amazing... I love it... I'm never ever going to be distracted from the Half Life path. :cool:

JNightshade said:
No because HE ISN'T F*CKING WELL IN THE GAME IT'S JUST A F*CKING LOW-POLLY MODEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ive seen big signs in hl2 but they probably just been made up such as big signs on buildings on the way thought the airboat level.

No because HE ISN'T F*CKING WELL IN THE GAME IT'S JUST A F*CKING LOW-POLLY MODEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't mean to argue, but i usually don't believe stuff unless i see some solid evidence, do you have any to backup this statement ??

Drackard said:
Don't mean to argue, but i usually don't believe stuff unless i see some solid evidence, do you have any to backup this statement ??
What evedience is there that it's david f*cking blain? It is so undetailed it could almost anyone.

Well as i said, unless you have some solid proof that he isn't there or that isn't him, stop stressing and swearing

Drackard said:
Well as i said, unless you have some solid proof that he isn't there or that isn't him, stop stressing and swearing
And stop insisting it is him unless you have some solid proof that he is there or that is him

ríomhaire said:
And stop insisting it is him unless you have some solid proof that he is there or that is him

I'm with you on this one, until i see proof it's Mr.Blain, or i'm told where to look for him, I will not believe he is in the game...

It tells you where to look for him, therefore i consider it evidence, not sayings its 100% legit evidence as i havn't checked it out for myself, but meh, still stick by previous statements.

What, sticking by previous statements?

It's actually David Blaine because VALVe (eg whoever animated/scripted the 'low-poly model') intentionally had him float, like David Blaine.
He also looks quite like him.
blaineheart.gif

The fact that it's low poly is because the model was rushed on purpose. They had a deadline (I assume) so the person who's idea it was said "I want to get it in the game, but fast" SO, theres no point in spending valuable time on a model if few are going to see it the first time round.

It was low poly to save performance. The same reason St. Olga looks crap from up-close.

ríomhaire said:
It was low poly to save performance. The same reason St. Olga looks crap from up-close.
Now, first of all; I'm not on either side, I don't give a flying frick if that is David Blaine or not, I dunno who he is and I don't want to know who he is. But, that argument doesn't really hold up ríom. Why save polys there and only there? What possible benefit could it have? ONE more FPS on even the slowest machine? There is a full detail vortigaunt at the exact same location! St Olga is a constant background for a whole map and a very, very big thing to render in full detail, but one more citizen rendered from a far in proabably the LEAST demanding section of that map? After that comes vortigaunts shooting electricity, before that is a big dam with dx9 water, even more after that is three fully detailed main characters in the same room + a vortigaunt and a teleporter!

Back