New HL2 Easter Egg?

AJ Rimmer said:
Now, first of all; I'm not on either side, I don't give a flying frick if that is David Blaine or not, I dunno who he is and I don't want to know who he is. But, that argument doesn't really hold up ríom. Why save polys there and only there? What possible benefit could it have? ONE more FPS on even the slowest machine? There is a full detail vortigaunt at the exact same location! St Olga is a constant background for a whole map and a very, very big thing to render in full detail, but one more citizen rendered from a far in proabably the LEAST demanding section of that map? After that comes vortigaunts shooting electricity, before that is a big dam with dx9 water, even more after that is three fully detailed main characters in the same room + a vortigaunt and a teleporter!
And do you think Valve would throw together a really crap model for a tinny David Blain joke?

ríomhaire said:
And do you think Valve would throw together a really crap model for a tinny David Blain joke?
No. Which leaves me with no idea why they threw that model in. Seemes like they did a small amount of unnecessary work for no reward to me.

AJ Rimmer said:
No. Which leaves me with no idea why they threw that model in. Seemes like they did a small amount of unnecessary work for no reward to me.

I can see them in their lair laughing about how the tiny little forumites argue for days on end at their clever ruse.

It is also used in Red Letter Day I believe. Maybe others aswell. Or maybe valve intended to use it more than they did.

Back