New hl2 review

Edcrab said:
I wonder how long it'll be before we have a sensationalist reviewer trying to be big by proclaiming HL2 to be a complete pile of overrated crap. I'd expect the odd 80%, but I'm betting someone'll think its clever to go against the mould and give it 50% or less.

I'm placing all me bets on gamespot to be that reviewer...anything without dual wielding "is teh Suck!" for them.

and thanks for the confirmation, Mr. Gorman. :)

lol Gamespot are warming up their fingers to rip half-life 2 apart.

I personally can't wait to see the uproar it causes.

SFLUFAN said:
I figure Gamespot will give HL2 at LEAST 8.7 :p[

Nah - anything above 8.5, and I'll be surprised. :O

Plus bring on the kasavin = shitty score.

MrMetroid says: The reviewer was paid by Valve for that review. Can't you people open your eyes to the way the system works? it goes like this:

Valve allows reviewers to play the game in their offices.
Reviewer plays it and says "meh"
Valve says "Here, sit down and have a nice spaghetti dinner, on us. All the wine you can drink. And don't forget to look in your pocket BEFORE you write the review."

Too bad he's not here to give us the devils advocate vote. :LOL:

Hi guys, I've read the review and i can confirm the 9/10 score.
BTW it's written that the score should be 10/10 but only time will say, it's the policy of the magazine.

Star said:
Hi guys, I've read the review and i can confirm the 9/10 score.
BTW it's written that the score should be 10/10 but only time will say, it's the policy of the magazine.
w000000000t

b3ll4L! said:
like every article published by future media magazines :p

hi xilema I know you! you are (were?) a TGMOL user!

Yes, I'm... or well... I was :E

did i miss something doesnt gamespot like HL2?? plz tell me

gamespot is a consolefanboy site. they give halo 1 9.7 but games like doom3 8.5. its just silly and i KNOW they will give halo2 way higher than halflife2. either way we all know what game is better.

Subz said:
gamespot is a consolefanboy site. they give halo 1 9.7 but games like doom3 8.5. its just silly and i KNOW they will give halo2 way higher than halflife2. either way we all know what game is better.

...I'd say Halo is better than Doom, considering the years they were released.

Doom was a good game, but it just got repetitive. Halo avoided this by, IMO, having a well told story line, throwing new stuff in every now in than, and the co-op just made it insane. Not to mention, no obviously looped sounds. :D

Homercidal said:
MrMetroid says: The reviewer was paid by Valve for that review. Can't you people open your eyes to the way the system works? it goes like this:

Valve allows reviewers to play the game in their offices.
Reviewer plays it and says "meh"
Valve says "Here, sit down and have a nice spaghetti dinner, on us. All the wine you can drink. And don't forget to look in your pocket BEFORE you write the review."

Too bad he's not here to give us the devils advocate vote. :LOL:
Hmmm... well... no, not exactly. Or, actually, not at all. *We* paid for the flight, *we* paid for the accomodation. We wrote the review only when we were back in Italy and in the review we definitely speak about weaknesses of the game, not only praises.

On the other hand, if by "the reviewer was paid by Valve for that review" you meant that our writer received money from Valve to give a good review, you are doing two things:

1) Offending a friend of mine, who has worked with me, in total moral integrity, for more than ten years.

2) Extending your own moral indequancy to others.

The first would piss me off, the second would be just plain sad.

Karis said:
Doom was a good game, but it just got repetitive. Halo avoided this by, IMO, having a well told story line, throwing new stuff in every now in than, and the co-op just made it insane. Not to mention, no obviously looped sounds. :D

Halo...not..repetitive? :|

/me explodes

Karis said:
...I'd say Halo is better than Doom, considering the years they were released.

yeah, you know that old trick of making you return to the same levels is a great strategy for keeping things unrepetative.

Back