New Information on HL2.NET Radio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well then, in that case, I propose we call it one of the following:

Air Fabulous
Munradio
Air EXTREEEEEME
Gloglebag Radio

or something like that. Something that technically has nothing to do with hl2.net itself, but that all the committed members will recognize.

Ok I'm assuming you are referring to this statement:

"We would take the flak for it, no matter how much you stated that you weren't official."

And this just plain doesn't make sense. You'd have to be stupid to complain to the staff of a site that the radio said clearly that it had nothing to do with. Can you please explain how this is so?

Have you even seen the internet?

So you're worried about morons sending you emails? I really don't see the problem, don't they already do that?

Also, Harij, this is for FUN, and to BRING THE COMMUNITY TOGETHER. We're not trying to be some famous internet radio (if such a thing is even possible) as was already stated.

Honestly, I don't know where you people get your ideas from, you surely can see the logic in calling a hl2.net communiy run radio 'hl2.net radio' and now that we see it's a problem we agreed to back off the name. I don't see what we're still bickering about. Now you're deciding to insult our enthusiasm and the whole concept like some sort of uptight super professional, when the whole purpose is to do it for fun, which we WILL accomplish no matter how stupid you think it is.

Pi, Samon, Harij, don't be douchebags.

The name isn't a permanent thing. The banner will change, and the only people who will actually be listening, are members of the forum anyway, so I really fail to see where the whole "oh noes, people might not like what you say and blame Halflife2.net and Halflife2.net's staff for it" is coming from.

So you're worried about morons sending you emails? I really don't see the problem, don't they already do that?

Also, Harij, this is for FUN, and to BRING THE COMMUNITY TOGETHER. We're not trying to be some famous internet radio (if such a thing is even possible) as was already stated.

Honestly, I don't know where you people get your ideas from, you surely can see the logic in calling a hl2.net communiy run radio 'hl2.net radio' and now that we see it's a problem we agreed to back off the name. I don't see what we're still bickering about. Now you're deciding to insult our enthusiasm and the whole concept like some sort of uptight super professional, when the whole purpose is to do it for fun, which we WILL accomplish no matter how stupid you think it is.

But what happens when someone jokingly makes fun of, say, Tom Cruise? Do you really want a bunch of enraged Tom Cruise fans taking over our forums and flaming us to hell? The fact is, even if we make it clear that it's unofficial, this site is STILL where you can find all of us. Surely you can see that.

Sorry, but whatever arguement you use, Munro legally has ways of making you give him money (lol).

Look. Personally, I think it's silly not to use the name. However, I understand that the mods have an obligation not to let us use it, and bickering is just going to make people angry and banned. It's called compromise, and as much as we may hate to do it, it's part of life (and politics D: ).

EDIT: Qon's words:

"I've already backed down from the name. It's not like it's a big deal, as I pointed out earlier. The continuation of this nonsense is rather funny though, so please continue."

I hope I'm not turning into his press secretary D:

Personally, I like Munradio the best. But obviously we'd need munro's approval, so that probably won't work out.

Pi, Samon, Harij, don't be douchebags.

The name isn't a permanent thing. The banner will change, and the only people who will actually be listening, are members of the forum anyway, so I really fail to see where the whole "oh noes, people might not like what you say and blame Halflife2.net and Halflife2.net's staff for it" is coming from.

Your lack of understanding doesn't justify insulting us. Now run along and let the grown-ups talk.

Your lack of understanding doesn't justify insulting us. Now run along and let the grown-ups talk.

His lack of understanding doesn't justify your insulting him, either. Sure he insulted you, but you're a mod- you're supposed to turn the other cheek. People are being stupid (especially considering that Qon ALREADY DECIDED TO CHANGE THE NAME) but mods shouldn't go down to their level :/

that said, don't ban me please :p

OK I think this is settled. Everyone is in agreement, the names/logos everything will be changed as soon as they can to abide with your requests.

I only ask that we have one single thread for our purposes, which will contain no spam, just a single thread so the community can organise itself and this can happen. No outsourcing to another clan page which apparantly you don't like. Everything's fine, ok?

That sounds perfectly reasonable to me.

EDIT: you know, because I'm in charge and everything.

His lack of understanding doesn't justify your insulting him, either. Sure he insulted you, but you're a mod- you're supposed to turn the other cheek. People are being stupid (especially considering that Qon ALREADY DECIDED TO CHANGE THE NAME) but mods shouldn't go down to their level :/

that said, don't ban me please :p

I was being nice, especially in light of what I said at the top of this post. Anyway...

Everyone is happy now.

So yeah do whatever you want with the existing radio threads, lock/delete, we'll make one final thread which shall serve as the official hub for anyone who wants to help out, and all the scheduling posting etc. Seems perfectly reasonable and fair, I don't see any reason why you staff wouldn't want something that makes the community friendlier and more together.

I don't see any reason why you staff wouldn't want something that makes the community friendlier and more together.

:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back